Q. I am having severe breast pain radiating from left shoulder. Is it a cancer?

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani
Published on Oct 21, 2019 and last reviewed on: Oct 28, 2019

I am a 25-year-old single female. I am in a painful situation. For the past two years, I have left side back pain starting from shoulder to bottom, and it is very painful like vein tightening. That pain continues and reaches my breast. My breast size is very small. I am afraid of breast cancer. I can not sit or stand anywhere. What can I do? How can I increase my breast size? I am very sad as my pain is increasing day by day and I am tensed. I am thinking about suicide. My marriage is fixed, but my mind is full of tension and thought that I could not live anymore. Please help.

I am using pain relief ointments, Evion 400, Imol plus tablets.

Dr. Jimesh H Mavani

General Practitioner Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you have that much pain, then you should consult any surgeon nearby.

Get mammography done for both breasts along with sonography of both the breasts.

You can take painkillers. But let the surgeon examine first and decide is there any chance of malignancy or not.

From the reports, there will be some guide towards whether there is cancer or not. And if nothing is there and it turns out to be normal, then you have to consult with an orthopedic and a neurophysician for their opinion about your pain.

Do not think negative. Everything will be fine. Just be positive. First of all, you have to diagnose what it is and why the pain is there. Once the diagnosis is made, the doctor will tell you what to do and what to expect.

Once this part is over, and pain is decreased or the problem is solved, then you can think of increasing the size of the breast. The plastic surgeon will help you with that.

So do not worry. But do mammography and sonography of both the breasts. Take the pain killer and consult a surgeon nearby. He may advise you other blood tests and may CT (computed tomography) or PET (positron emission tomography) scan.

Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina...  Read Full »

Can we conclude breast cancer with FNAC report?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife, who is 41 years old, developed lumps in her breast a few months back. She consulted a doctor and was suggested to take Vitamin E tablets and asked to undergo mammogram and FNAC. The test results are enclosed. The doctor told us nothing to worry since the lumps are benign and the ...  Read Full »

What are the small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.

Query: Hello doctor, I have multiple small clustered cystic areas seen in the left breast.  Read Full »