Q. Can breast pain and cramps after sexual contact mean pregnancy?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 11, 2018 and last reviewed on: Sep 18, 2020

I have PCOS. I had my period a month back. My periods are mostly irregular and I usually have cramps in stomach and my breasts hurt before periods not every time though. I had oral sex with my fiance yesterday, he was wearing a condom throughout but he rubbed his genitals on my vagina. I took an I-pill and Regestrone just to be safe after three to four hours. But today my breasts are hurting and I am having cramps. My vagina is also dry. Is there any chance that I am pregnant?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have taken the emergency pill within 72 hours of intercourse, there is no chance of pregnancy. These symptoms could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill you have taken. So relax and do not worry. However, if you have a doubt then get back to me.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 

I still have one query. I am having menstrual cramps, sore breasts that hurt a lot and my vagina is comparatively dry. What is the possible reason?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The cramps, sore breast, and vaginal dryness could be because of hormonal changes due to the pill and nothing else. So relax and do not worry.

| 

Can you tell me around when will I get my periods? And if I do that means I am not pregnant, right? And also around when will I get stable cycles?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Since you have irregular periods, it is difficult to tell exactly when you will be getting your periods. But definitely there is no chance of pregnancy. It will take a month or two to get your periods back to normal.

| 

I read online that it takes five to seven days after the pill for withdrawal bleeding. Does that confirm that I am not pregnant or should I visit a doctor? What if I do not get withdrawal bleeding? And can I start taking Regestrone after withdrawal bleeding so that I can monitor my periods?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Usually you should be getting your withdrawal bleeding within a week or so. Yes, withdrawal bleeding will confirm that you are not pregnant. Once you have withdrawal bleeding, there is no need to meet a doctor, unless you have a doubt. Once you have withdrawal bleeding, with usual period like bleeding and for the same duration, you can plan and take Regesterone (Norethisterone).

| 

What if I do not get a withdrawal bleeding, what does that mean?

Dr. Neha Singh Rathod

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

You will definitely get withdrawal bleeding. And if you do not, then wait for a week or so and get yourself checked by a gynecologist and get a pelvic scan done to rule out the exact cause. Do not worry about it. You will be fine.

|