Q. I used hairdryer to dry my private area and had tenderness. Should I be concerned?

Dr. Dilip Meena
Published on Jul 24, 2019

I ran out of clean towels after washing up. I only had my hairdryer and proceeded to dry my private area off with it on high setting. It left my penis and scrotal area somewhat dry. The skin is not red, but a little tender. Do I need to put anything on my penis? Did I figure in a day or two if I just left it alone it should be fine correct? I should not have to worry about any infection, hopefully, because the skin is a little dry? I am also concerned as I hope I did not do achy nerve damage. When I felt it get too hot, I pulled the dryer away. I know this is a strange suggestion but concerned.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand that you are concerned. As you have described it might be a case of mild inflammation caused by heat to the skin.It should subside in couple of day, just use some moisturizing cream.Skin over scrotum in particular is very thin and soft, so avoid doing this again.If there is any visible redness or skin lesions, you can send me the photographs.

| 

It was mildly red for about a day, but that seems to have subsided. Do you think any nerve damage was done or should I be ok? Once the skin over the scrotum started to get hot, I turned the dryer off.

Dr. Dilip Meena

Dermatology Venereology
#

I do not think any nerve damage, or for that matter, any damage to the skin was caused by this if there is no redness or visible damage. So relax, and if still, mild tenderness is there you can use the following cream for four to five days to reduce the inflammation. Mometasone cream apply twice a day for not more than a week. And nerve damage does not happen with this mild heat.

| 

Why am I having burning pain in penis with yellow colored urine?

Query: Hello doctor,Burning penis (pain), urine color yellow, smell like fish or ammonia. Whenever I eat hot food or hot drinks sometimes the burning increases. I feel a little better whenever I drink water. Please give me medicine for the above problem.  Read Full »

What is the management for pain in penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain at the right side near the penis for 20 days. MRI done on pelvic region showing infective etiology likely, there is thickening of right side epididymis, and vas deferens, right side seminal vesicle is thickened. Mild hydrocele on the right side. A thick-walled, 22.5*21*34 m...  Read Full »

What treatment can be done for acne and pores on cheeks?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been using Isopropyl alcohol as a face wash (diluted with water) for the last eight years, and am exploring more healthier and effective skincare routines. I have a mild acne and huge pores on my cheeks. Currently, I have purchased a variety of products and would like to receiv...  Read Full »