Q. How to manage pain in penis?

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

I have pain at the right side near the penis for 20 days. MRI done on pelvic region showing infective etiology likely, there is thickening of right side epididymis, and vas deferens, right side seminal vesicle is thickened. Mild hydrocele on the right side. A thick-walled, 22.5*21*34 mm complex cystic area seen in the right inguinal region just posterior to and abutting the spermatic cord adjacent to the root of the penis.

Current medications are Naprosyn 500 mg, Omeprazole 20 mg, Chymoral forte tablet, Methylcobalamin, Alpha Lipoic Acid, Folic acid, Pyridoxine hydrochloride and Oxidation plus capsule.

#

It is the infection involving right testis, right sperm tube and both sides of groin lymph nodes. Please get a urine routine and culture test done. From the list of medications, I do not see any antibiotic.

I suggest you start capsule Doxycycline 100 mg twice daily, to be taken for 14 days with the consent of your treating doctor.

Is there any recent history of sexual exposure? You can contact me in about five to seven days after getting a sonography of right inguinal and KUB region (kidney, ureter, and urinary bladder). Take care.

| 

Sonography is done and, it shows epididymitis with swollen seminal vesicle. I was admitted for four days for incision and discharge of swelling. But there is no discharge from swelling. I am taking the following tablets. Doxy 100 mg two times, Pan 40 mg, Cetirizine 10 mg and Candid powder for itching. I have high itching in the pelvic region.

#

If incision and drainage were done, the please check if any pus or fluid was sent for culture and AFB smear (Acid-Fast Bacilli), antibiotics can be changed as per culture report. You can continue Chymoral Forte tablet three times a day for another four to five days to reduce swelling. Things should improve in about 15-20 days. Doxy (Doxycycline Hyclate) can be taken for 21 days total. Please get back after a week or ten days about progress.

|