Q. I sweat too much in hands and legs. What to do?

I am 21 years old. I have too much sweat in hand and legs. I tried medicine but there is no effect. Please tell me how to get rid of it?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

With the information you have given me, I understand that you are 21-year-old male suffering from a condition called palmo-plantar-hyperhidrosis. Here I suggest some methods by which you can get rid of the problem. Please keep in mind that these are just suggestions and one can prescribe a decisive treatment only on the basis of complete examination which includes relevant investigations and a thorough history. However, here are the suggestions:

Topical agents: These can be applied and left overnight and washed off in the morning. Have to be done frequently for many days to correct the problem. Some of the agents are Drysol, Glutaraldehyde, Boric acid, Aluminium chloride gel, and Resorcinol. Many more chemicals have been put forward for the treatment of palmo-plantar-hyperkidrosis.

Iontophoresis: It involves the passing of electric current through the skin. Two varieties in vogue are tap water iontophoresis and anticholinergic iontophoresis.

Botox injections: Intradermal injections of Botulinum toxin A help in reducing sweating due to their anticholinergic action at the neuromuscular junction.

Surgical methods include radiofrequency ablation, open and endoscopic surgical thoracic sympathectomy, subcutaneous liposuction.

|