Q. I sweat too much in hands and legs. What to do?

Answered by
Dr. Shyam Kalyan N
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Dec 05, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am 21 years old. I have too much sweat in hand and legs. I tried medicine but there is no effect. Please tell me how to get rid of it?

Dr. Shyam Kalyan N

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)


Welcome to icliniq.com.

With the information you have given me, I understand that you are 21-year-old male suffering from a condition called palmo-plantar-hyperhidrosis. Here I suggest some methods by which you can get rid of the problem. Please keep in mind that these are just suggestions and one can prescribe a decisive treatment only on the basis of complete examination which includes relevant investigations and a thorough history. However, here are the suggestions:

Topical agents: These can be applied and left overnight and washed off in the morning. Have to be done frequently for many days to correct the problem. Some of the agents are Drysol, Glutaraldehyde, Boric acid, Aluminium chloride gel, and Resorcinol. Many more chemicals have been put forward for the treatment of palmo-plantar-hyperkidrosis.

Iontophoresis: It involves the passing of electric current through the skin. Two varieties in vogue are tap water iontophoresis and anticholinergic iontophoresis.

Botox injections: Intradermal injections of Botulinum toxin A help in reducing sweating due to their anticholinergic action at the neuromuscular junction.

Surgical methods include radiofrequency ablation, open and endoscopic surgical thoracic sympathectomy, subcutaneous liposuction.

I hope this helps.

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Allergy Specialist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.