Q. Is erosive pan gastritis permanently curable?

Dr. Babu Lal Meena
Published on Jan 24, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I was diagnosed with erosive pan gastritis through an endoscope in the stomach. I was an IBS patient as well. The medication given was Happi 20 mg morning and Lafaxid D, at bedtime for one month. Is it permanently curable? I was undergoing stress and depression and I went to a psychiatrist and he prescribed two medicines Sizodon MD 0.5 mg and Clonil 50 mg at bedtime. Kindly let me know whether these medicines increase my erosions and irritate my stomach. Is it safe to take these medicines with my problems? Kindly suggest.

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Medical Gastroenterology Paediatrics
#

• Gastritis is easily treatable with proton pump inhibitors.
  • The medicines you are taking for psychiatric disorders may worsen your gastric issues. If there is no further worsening of symptoms, then you can continue with the same dose. If you have a worsening of gastric symptoms, then we need to increase the dose of Rabeprazole.
  • Another issue is IBS (irritable bowel syndrome). We need to start the management of IBS depending on the symptoms, that is, whether it is diarrhea or constipation predominant.

For more information consult a medical gastroenterologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/medical-gastroenterologist

I have IBS and seems to be related to SIBO. Please advise management.

Query: Hi doctor, I realize I have IBS symptoms and they seem to be related to SIBO. I need your advice on how to treat it effectively. Here are some symptoms and test results. Leaky gut or intestinal permeability with multiple food intolerances. Seems to have hydrogen sulfide based SIBO, severe farting...  Read Full »

What are the specific ways to bring down the symptoms of IBS?

Query: Hi doctor, Please say about the specific ways to reduce the IBS symptoms.  Read Full »

Having some strangling feeling in my throat post thyroidectomy. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having a strangling feeling in my throat for around seven months. This came post thyroidectomy and so I thought it had to do with surgery. However, my gastroenterologist did an endoscopy and found bile in my stomach. As I researched this, I immediately thought of my ga...  Read Full »