Pancreatitis

What could cause abdominal pain immediately after eating?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6-year-old son always complains of abdominal pains especially immediately after he takes breakfast. Today he has the same abdominal pain and joint pains, cold palms, and feet. He has this problem for the past one year.  Read Full »

Dr. Manu Bharadwaj

Paediatric Surgeon, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your son is getting pain after eating, it suggests he might be having gastric irritation which in turn causes few conditions. It could be: 1. Infection - can be cured by antibiotics. 2. Inflammation - needs only antacid medications. 3. Pancreatitis - inflammation...  Read Full »

What do I get persistent diarrhea, though my abdominal pains stops a month before?

Query: Hello doctor, I have diarrhea three to four times a week, 30-60 minutes after eating dinner. The stool is mushy and has a normal shade of brown color and comes in multiple pieces but the toilet water becomes very cloudy with a dark green sometimes yellowish color. This started after I had mild co...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand that you must be very upset about your symptoms that have been running for almost over two months. There are few possibilities like peptic ulcer disease (ulcers within the stomach and duodenum a part of the small bowel), and the pain due to pancre...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for abdominal pain in elderly with diabetics?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 71 years old. He having abdominal pain in the middle for the past four to five days. Pain is constant and mild to moderate in intensity. He is not having any issue in passing stools or urine but sometimes complains of burning sensation while passing stools. His appetite ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand you must be very upset about your father's health. Well, you see the abdominal pain in such age is often an alarming finding, and I urge you to get him some investigations before giving any blanket cover of medicines. Common possibilities in his age...  Read Full »

My stomach pain is severe and it moves to the back. What could cause this type of pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My sister is having severe stomach ache and yellow vomiting and the pain goes around her abdomen to the back. She is suffering from this pain for the past one week. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can imagine you must be very upset about your sister. And I really feel sorry that she is in pain for a week's time. Well, the pain you mention that is severe and radiating to back is suggestive of pancreatitis. However, the possibility of peptic ulcers cannot be com...  Read Full »

What can cause extreme pain in the upper right abdominal area on breathing?

Query: My boyfriend has extreme pain when he breathes in his upper right abdominal area. This is the third time this month and it started at around 7 pm last night and he went to the hospital last night at 1am. They told him they couldn’t find anything on the xrays or blood work. He woke up this morning ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello Dear. I welcome you to icliniq. I feel very sorry for his pain. The causes of severe pain in upper part of the abdomen are gall bladder stones common bile duct stones-stones within the bile duct which drain bile (a yellow secretion) from gall bladder to small bowel peptic ulcers - ulcers wi...  Read Full »

Is gallbladder removal necessary for gallstone problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I have aches on the right side of the upper and lower abdomen as well as in the back that is below my shoulder blade. These aches have got worse over time in the past seven months. My doctor informed me that I have gallstones and that is the cause of my aches and pains. He said that I sh...  Read Full »

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I had gone through all the details posted. From the images posted (attachment removed to protect patient identity), there is mild distension of the gallbladder can be noted, but the exact size of the gallstone is not seen clearly. Kindly upload the official report of t...  Read Full »

Is stenting required for chronic pancreatitis?

Query: Hello Doctor , My brother (age 22) is having severe abdominal pain and he has history of pancreatitis . He is currently in the hospital and yesterday MRI was done. Below is the highlight of MRI Report Reports : " Pancreatic body and tail appear mild atrophy with peripancreatic fat streakiness...  Read Full »

Dr. Hiren Patel

Answer: yes he had chronic pancreatitis and along with stone in duct which if not relieved with ERCP and stone removal + stent than he may develop pain again nd again hence its necessary this is simple procedure no cutting they will do with endoscope only both stone removal and stenting only thing I reco...  Read Full »

What are the ways to treat pancreatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, Is Pancreatitis curable? Is it treated as an outpatient or inpatient? If as an oupatient, what medicines are typically prescribed and what is the treatment plan? If as an inpatient, where is a good hospital to get treated?  Read Full »

Dr. Swati Totla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes there is treatment for Pancreatitis in Ayurveda. But in your query only daignosis is not sufficient. Depending upon your symptoms we daignose the case according to Ayurvedic view and then will give treatment. Generally all good and experienced ayurvedic doctors c...  Read Full »

What causes upper abdominal pain in alcoholics?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left upper abdomen and feels like something is about to bulge out. I smoke and drink too. I feel quite congested and full at times and it has affected my activity too. Sometimes the pain radiates to the back and I have difficulty in breathing as well. I am 6'2" in h...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaint of left-sided pain in the abdomen and its running to the back can be suggestive of one of the following: 1) Gastritis is the swelling or inflammation of the stomach. The acid problems may be due to your obesity as your weight and BMI are high 32.89. It m...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment in Ayurveda for pancreatitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. Is there any treatment in ayurveda for pancreatitis? I had six recurrent pancreatic attacks in the last three years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are aware, there are many reasons for repeated pancreatitis - that including alcohol consumption, some viral infections, autoimmune, etc. You can discuss the following drugs with an ayurvedic physician nearby and use with consent. 1. Karisalai karpam tablet or ...  Read Full »