Pancreatitis

What causes upper abdominal pain in alcoholics?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in my left upper abdomen and feels like something is about to bulge out. I smoke and drink too. I feel quite congested and full at times and it has affected my activity too. Sometimes the pain radiates to the back and I have difficulty in breathing as well. I am 6'2" in h...  Read Full »

Dr. Arvind Guru

General Surgeon, Surgical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Oncologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your complaint of left-sided pain in the abdomen and its running to the back can be suggestive of one of the following: 1) Gastritis is the swelling or inflammation of the stomach. The acid problems may be due to your obesity as your weight and BMI are high 32.89. It m...  Read Full »

Is there any treatment in Ayurveda for pancreatitis?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a 22-year-old male. Is there any treatment in ayurveda for pancreatitis? I had six recurrent pancreatic attacks in the last three years. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you are aware, there are many reasons for repeated pancreatitis - that including alcohol consumption, some viral infections, autoimmune, etc. You can discuss the following drugs with an ayurvedic physician nearby and use with consent. 1. Karisalai karpam tablet or ...  Read Full »

Does radiating pain from abdomen to left side of ribs suggest pancreatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old female. Last night out of nowhere I started having a pain suddenly under my ribs on the left side. About an hour later pain developed in my upper back on the left side. I did not fall or lift or hit anything that would cause this pain. Currently, there is no nausea ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read through your concern. The pain what you experience may not be due to pancreas as you feel as usually it will get referred to the right side. There is something like spasm between your intercoastal muscles that will lead to same symptoms and pain that you descr...  Read Full »

Ultrasound shows flushed out kidney stones. Why is burning still there?

Query: Hello doctor, I had UTI and kidney stones earlier. My ultrasound states that my pancreas are normal in size and echotexture and the kidney stones have been flushed out, but there is infrequent burning. Can you shed more light on the latter part (echotexture)? Currently, I am on ayurvedic medicines ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This ultrasound is normal (pancreatitis, spleen and kidneys) (attachment removed to protect patient identity) besides, there are the following findings: Fat accumulated in the liver, which means that the patient should avoid alcohol and lose some pounds. Some pol...  Read Full »

Can Escitalopram cause acute pancreatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My dad is suffering from acute pancreatitis. It started six days ago and he is getting better now but he used to take antidepressants like Escitalopram and Ezeepam and he has been taking these kinds of anxiety medicines from a long time but not continuously but from last six months the u...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and can understand your concerns. The patient cannot stop the medications at his own. It is always best to inform the treating physician before thinking of changing or stopping medications. There is a specific protocol to taper off Escitalopra...  Read Full »

Why do I have severe stomach pain after eating fatty foods?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24 year old female. What could be the cause of a severe stomach pain that happens after eating nuts, seeds, and things with oil in them? By oil, I mean even olive oil and not just greasy foods. This reaction has been happening for a year or so, and I have avoided these foods as ...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Severe stomach pain and cramps can be caused by pancreatitis and food allergy. In your case, both are equally probable. Pancreatitis is a common cause of pain that occurs after the intake of oil-rich foods. Food allergy is a diagnosis of exclusion. I suggest the f...  Read Full »

Will surgery for gallstones relieve my abdominal and back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old female, who weighs 97 kg, and I am 5.9 feet tall. I have extreme pain in my upper abdomen and back. I also feel nauseous. I have a fatty liver and pancreas, and gallstones. Please help. I am attaching all my reports.  Read Full »

Dr. Erfana Malik

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). With complaints of severe to moderate upper abdominal pain and vomiting and elevated liver enzyme levels, ultrasound findings of stones in the gallbladder, fatty changes in live...  Read Full »

What can cause severe stomach and lower back pain at the same time?

Query: Hello doctor, I have severe stomach and back pain at the same time. Suggest some quick remedy.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Severe pain in abdomen radiating to the back might be due to many conditions which require evaluation. Problems that might cause the stomach and back pain, all the possible reasons, Due to ...  Read Full »

What are the causes of radiating stomach pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from sudden attack of pain in stomach for the past four years. The pain crosses backside too for a few seconds, at intervals of days, weeks or months. I have consulted many doctors, taken lots of medication, but nothing has worked. All my tests came normal. Kindl...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to my knowledge, abdomen pain that radiates to back needs to be evaluated for gall bladder as well as for problems in regard to pancreatitis. If your ultrasound scan performed previously showed the results are normal then I would suggest you get a CT scan of ...  Read Full »

I have pain under the breastbone and abdomen. Can GERD and hiatal hernia cause this?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had a painful abdominal feelings lately. The last few days I have had a dull pain on the right side of my belly button a little higher. This morning I woke up to sharp, on and off, needle pains in my upper right abdomen, right below my rib cage. That resolved in half an hour. F...  Read Full »

Dr. Vedprakash Verma

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The right side upper abdomen pain has many causes like ulcer up to the hepatobiliary. Kindly follow the following instructions. Go for USG abdomen to rule out any hepatobiliary cause. LFT, stool culture, ESR, serum amylase, lipase to rule out the pancreatic cause. Take ...  Read Full »