Paralysis

Will a person with partially injured cervical spinal cord have mobility and sensory function?

Query: Hi doctor, I have some questions I would like answered on cervical spinal cord injuries, please. If a person only had a partial transection of the cervical spinal cord would their final outcome still be a complete cervical spinal cord injury, where they no mobility or sensory function? Or is it p...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that the cervical spinal cord is a very delicate part of the spinal cord because in its beginning are located the most important centers which control the heart rate, the pulmonary function, and the blood pressure valu...  Read Full »

What can be done for paralysis after brain stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, One of my close friend has suffered a heart attack yesterday. He has gone into coma. One side is paralytic. We are trying to seek advice as to if we can do something more for him. I can attach the MRI brain report. The doctors have kept him in ICU under 72 hours observation. Please su...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Shoyab

Interventional Radiologist, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your description and the MRI report, it is quite clear that the patient is suffering from what is commonly known as brain stroke (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It occurs when part of the brain loses its blood supply and the brain cells of this a...  Read Full »

What is the meaning of Brown-Sequard syndrome?

Query: Hello doctor, In case of Brown-Sequard Syndrome - left side damage, I am just wondering why the muscle strength grade of the left leg flexion 0/5 and left leg extension 2/5?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandan Mohanty

Neurologist, Neuro Surgeon, Spine Surgeon, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Brown-Sequard syndrome is damage to half of the spinal cord with complete paralysis on one side with loss of touch sensation and complete loss of pain and temperature on the opposite side. The information you have provided is not complete. It is important to know muscle s...  Read Full »

What medicines can be taken for double vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am afraid I have developed double vision. What medicines should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Double is caused due to paralysis of an extraocular muscle. These muscles are supplied by nerves. Hypertension and diabetes are the most common causes of nerve palsy and muscle paralysis due to which both eyes are misaligned and eye movements are affected. So you need to ...  Read Full »

How can I completely cure paralysis in extremities due to stroke?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 55 years old. For the past 20 years, I have been paralyzed in the right extremities. Initially, I took allopathy treatment but it was not helping. So, took Ayurveda and really it helped a lot. My voice came back but with stuttering. When I talk about something I forget some words...  Read Full »

Dr. Naeem Ul Hassan

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query. You have weakness of the right half of body which is more in right arm than in right leg for the last twenty years. There is a history of hypertension. You had a stroke involving left cerebral cortex leading to weakness in the right half of body....  Read Full »

Can balancing issue occur due to vestibular lesion or cervical myelopathy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 45 year old male. My weight is 96 kg and height is 184 cm. I have severe sleep apnea and minor CAD with hypertension. I am facing problems of imbalance and lightheadedness. This started some six months back. Then, I was diagnosed with an uncompensated vestibular lesion. After a wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Chirag Ashok Berry

Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the information you gave me, it looks like your imbalance is due to a condition called cervical myelopathy. The examination findings of your spine specialist also correlate with your diagnosis. This happens when there is undue pressure or compression of the spinal...  Read Full »

May I know the reason for slurred speech in a paralyzed person?

Query: Hi doctor,My dad has been paralyzed for three years now. He was fine, but suddenly his speech is not clear. We cannot understand what he says. May I know why this has happened?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paralyzed patients have a tendency to get stroke when they have already had it. This could be a recurrence of stroke and the patient should be taken to a hospital as a CT scan without contrast needs to be done to know if he has again developed a stroke. If he has had a...  Read Full »

How to manage lung infection and paralysis after gallbladder surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, My aunt had faced an operation of her gallbladder and the doctor said that she is good and the operation is successful. But after 3 days she faced lung infection, on which the current report says that the virus are reduced from 35000 to 16500 in 5 days. Also her right hand and right leg ...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns and also had a look at the reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity). First of all I like to assure you that current problems can be treated in effective way barring paralysis which will take some time. Regard...  Read Full »

Why is there complete paralysis and difficulty in walking after an accident?

Query: Hi doctor, A recent accident happened to my father which makes him unable to walk. A week ago, he suddenly fell on the ground while walking and his right leg was injured. He was transferred to hospital and X-ray indicted his leg is not broken but severely ricked, as a result, it is not moving and w...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that this clinical situation could be caused by a stroke, which is probably the cause of falling. Another possible cause would be a nerve damage related to the trauma. For this reason, it is important performing a bra...  Read Full »

How to lead a better life with paralysis after transverse myelitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old male. I am suffering from transverse myelitis from the last one year. My total body was paralyzed. Now, some hand movements are possible. I eat by myself. But, I cannot stand and cannot get up from the bed. Please give me some suggestions to lead a better life.  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Transverse myelitis is a slowly recovering condition. Please make sure that you are taking daily physiotherapy regularly at least thrice a day. Also, bladder training is required. The daily protein intake should be high. Do not let any muscle of your body go atrophic. ...  Read Full »