Q. I want to completely cure paralysis in extremities caused due to stroke. Please help.

Dr. Naeem Ul Hassan

I am 55 years old. For the past 20 years, I have been paralyzed in the right extremities. Initially, I took allopathy treatment but it was not helping. So, took Ayurveda and really it helped a lot. My voice came back but with stuttering. When I talk about something I forget some words. My right leg is at the moment fine on the whole but we can make out that when I walk, there is a slight deviation. Now, my right hand has not been in use ever since the stroke. I am now on Ayurvedic medicines Mahayogaraja guggulu 1 - 1, Rasnadhi guggulu 1 - 1, Gandharvahastadi kashayam 15 ml with 30 ml warm water 1 - 1, Triphala churnam 10 gm, for massage Ksheerabala tailum and Valiya sahacharadhi tailum. The results are very slow. I want to ask you to help to vanish my stroke. I am a BP patient also.

#

I have read your query. You have weakness of the right half of body which is more in right arm than in right leg for the last twenty years. There is a history of hypertension. You had a stroke involving left cerebral cortex leading to weakness in the right half of body. I cannot be sure without neuroimaging like CT scan brain or MRI brain whether it was an ischemic stroke (cessation of blood flow to the brain) or hemorrhagic stroke (bleeding into brain substance).

Stroke causes damage to the brain due to underlying cardiovascular disease with time damage is permanent. There is currently no treatment for complete recovery after such a long time since the occurrence of stroke. New treatments focus on early thrombolysis when the patient reaches at stroke center within three to four and a half hours of the start of the stroke to receive thrombolysis if it is an ischaemic stroke. The best management plan for you is control of blood pressure and rehabilitation and prevention of further stroke.

|