I am a 28 year old female. I am diagnosed with PCOS. I have irregular periods since seven months, excess unwanted facial and body hair, hair loss from the scalp and weight gain. Can I take homeopathy medicine for PCOS and its symptoms? If yes, then what medicine do I need to take? I want weight loss medicine also. Can you please suggest medicines?
Welcome to icliniq.com.
I understand your concerns. Also, you should know that PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome) cannot be cured completely. Medications and homeopathy control the symptoms only and increase the chance of fertility if required.
1. Oral contraceptive pills such as Gynera (Gestodene and Ethinylestradiol) once daily for 21 days, then seven days off and repeated every month.
2. Metformin 500 mg twice after lunch.
3. Spironolactone 50 mg once before sleeping as antiandrogenic. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and start taking the medicines with their consent.
4. Please send me a copy of your sonography report as well as any performed lab tests such as fasting blood sugar, and postprandial glucose level.
5. Send me a photo of the acne or facial hair as it may require laser removal.
6. Follow-up is required.
Important note: If you desire to be pregnant, seek medical advice as some of these medications must be changed.
For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician
Was this answer helpful?|
Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!
.. understand your concern. Going by your reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it looks like you need an increase in the dose of medication. Your doctor may either choose to increase the dose of Metformin or to add another new dr... Read fullIs it safe to take oral contraceptive pill?
Combined oral contraceptive pill (COCP) is absolutely safe for her ... If it has been less than 15 days, she can wait till 15 days from last pill for periods to come... Read fullPCOS and Weight Management
PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder in women ... For more information consult a polycystic ovaries specialist online ... Ultrasound features o... Read full
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now