Q. Being a PCOD patient, how to overcome the depression and high BP during the ovulation period?

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I have PCOD since last ten years which progressed to hypothyroidism. I do not get my monthly menstrual cycle at all without medicines. I get into severe depression and emotionally unstable with high bp during the ovulation period. Please help.

Do you have a question on Pcod or Depression?

Ask a Doctor Now

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

B.SC. ., B.A.M.S.., M.D.(AYURVEDA)., C.C.Y.P

I want to help you. PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease) causes irregular period due to changes in hormones level. It can be managed naturally through ayurvedic medicines and Yoga practices, but it will take time at least three months. Kindly consult your doctor, and take the treatment with consent.

1.Tablet Kuberakshadi Vati,

2. Tablet Hyponidd,

3. Tablet Kanchanara Guggulu and

4. Tablet Arogyavardhini Vati.

Hypothyroidism, PCOD

USG abdomen, thyroid profile.

You can take the following medicines.

Avoid spicy and fried junk foods.
Do regular kapalbhati and Mandukasana as well as.

Also Read Answers From: Pcod Depression Hypothyroidism High Blood Pressure

I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.
Query: Hello doctor,I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was la...  Read Full »
Dr. Sujata Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.Follow ...  Read Full »

Depression - Awareness, Self-Diagnosis, and Treatment Modalities
Article Overview: Depression is among the top five causes of morbidity in today’s world. It remains largely undiagnosed and underreported because of a lack of adequate knowledge, both among the patients as well as the physicians. It is majorly characterized by the presence of a continuous sad mood, anhedonia, and easy fatiguability along with a host of secondary symptoms, which aid in quantifying the severity of the depressive disorder. So, it is the need of the hour that awareness is raised among the masses regarding this illness that is soon poised to be the number one cause of morbidity.  Read Article »
Dr. Ajay Singh

Depression has been recorded in the annals of history since time immemorial, but never has it assumed so much significance as it has in today’s world. With the advent of technology today, the human society is evolving by leaps and bounds with every passing day. As the saying goes that every co ...  Read Article »

Postpartum Depression
Article Overview: Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depression.  Read Article »
Dr. K Sneha

Postpartum Depression Postpartum depression (PPD) or postnatal depression is a kind of depression that affects a new mother. 80 % of all new moms experience baby blues, but if the symptoms are severe and it starts affecting your ability to care for your baby, then it is a sign of postpartum depress ...  Read Article »

Ask a Doctor Now