Q. I have PCOD problem. How to find out the ovulation time?

Answered by
Dr. Prathap
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 29, 2017 and last reviewed on: Apr 02, 2021

Hi doctor,

I had a medical abortion before three months. I have PCOD problem. I took Ubiphene tablet in after three months from day 2 of my period. I took a follicular scan on day 10th, and I was found to have a cyst in my RO measuring 3.8 cm and two follicles in my LO measuring 1.0 cm and 0.8 cm. I had a scan on day 12th, and my cyst in RO reduced in size to 2.1 cm. And, I had one follicle on my RO measuring 0.8 cm and one follicle in my left ovary measuring 1.2 cm. What is my chance for ovulation?



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • As you have got PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), it is very difficult to say the dominant follicle in your case.
  • Usually, it is the dominant follicle that releases the ovum on day 14th of your cycle.
  • As per your scan, it seems that all the things are not dominant follicles (no dominant follicle is present). But, we cannot surely say that there will be no ovulation. The chances are less.
  • You continue on your treatment for PCOD. Hopefully, positive things will happen.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Hi doctor,

What will be the treatment for PCOD? I am not taking any tablet for PCOD.



Welcome back to icliniq.com.

  • As you said that you have PCOD problem, I thought you might be taking treatment for it.
  • The treatment for PCOD is oral contraceptive pills, and that has to be taken on daily basis.
  • We have to examine the patient in person for features of PCOD like facial hair, increased muscle built, menstrual problems, etc. One should get it confirmed with investigations like USG abdomen, serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone) and other tests and then we will start on treatment.
  • I advise you to take a consultation in person and get the treatment for PCOD.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
Fertility (or) Ovulation Period Calculator

Trying to conceive? Discover the most fertile days of your menstrual cycle using this calculator. Sexual intercourse during the fertility window in your menstrual cycle will increase the chances of getting pregnant quickly.   Read full

Can the lower abdomen pain be due to ovulation?

For PCOS, the doctor advised me a 1200 calorie diet combined with exercise and told me to immediately lose weight from current weight of 59 kg ...   Read full

Would my low sperm count have an adverse effect on IVF and ICSI?

.. like to inform you that the low sperm count and high FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone) are indicative of organic disorders of the testes. In other words, the parameters indicate the possibility of either a partial or a complete testicular failu...   Read full

7 Days COVID Care
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Frequently Asked Questions About COVID-19 Vaccines
COVID-19 vaccines can be a real lifesaver. Read this to know the answers to the common questions and doubts on COVID-19 ...  Read more»
Female Sexual Arousal Disorder: Break the Shackles and Seek Help!!
This article throws light on Female Sexual Interest/Arousal Disorder, a common but least discussed sexual health topic a...  Read more»
Covaxin Vs Covishield
The coronavirus vaccines, Covaxin and Covishield, have received a green signal for restricted emergency use in India. In...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Internal Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.