Q. I have PCOD problem. How to find out the ovulation time?

Dr. Prathap
Published on Jan 29, 2017

I had a medical abortion before three months. I have PCOD problem. I took Ubiphene tablet in after three months from day 2 of my period. I took a follicular scan on day 10th, and I was found to have a cyst in my RO measuring 3.8 cm and two follicles in my LO measuring 1.0 cm and 0.8 cm. I had a scan on day 12th, and my cyst in RO reduced in size to 2.1 cm. And, I had one follicle on my RO measuring 0.8 cm and one follicle in my left ovary measuring 1.2 cm. What is my chance for ovulation?

Dr. Prathap

#

• As you have got PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), it is very difficult to say the dominant follicle in your case.
  • Usually, it is the dominant follicle that releases the ovum on day 14th of your cycle.
  • As per your scan, it seems that all the things are not dominant follicles (no dominant follicle is present). But, we cannot surely say that there will be no ovulation. The chances are less.
  • You continue on your treatment for PCOD. Hopefully, positive things will happen.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

| 

What will be the treatment for PCOD? I am not taking any tablet for PCOD.

Dr. Prathap

#

• As you said that you have PCOD problem, I thought you might be taking treatment for it.
  • The treatment for PCOD is oral contraceptive pills, and that has to be taken on daily basis.
  • We have to examine the patient in person for features of PCOD like facial hair, increased muscle built, menstrual problems, etc. One should get it confirmed with investigations like USG abdomen, serum FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone) and other tests and then we will start on treatment.
  • I advise you to take a consultation in person and get the treatment for PCOD.

| 

Is it possible to have ovulation and period symptoms when on Depot?

Query: Hello doctor, My period started 12th of last month. I reviewed the Depo shot two days later. I had unprotected sex nine days later. He ejaculated in me several times. I thought I would be protected but I am also having symptoms of ovulation like high (hard) cervix with a sharp pain in my ovary, the...  Read Full »

Why am I losing more hair in the crown region?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old woman. I weigh 70 kg and my height is 5 feet 4 inches. I am facing severe hairfall problem. I can see the roots coming out with the hair. I am a working professional, had premature graying so I used to apply color to cover gray. Last year I had Adgain capsules and ...  Read Full »

My periods have become irregular. Will IVF help me?

Query: Hi doctor, My highest FSH count was 35.6 mIU/mL before two years. Now the FSH count is 13.2 mIU/mL. Before two years, my AMH count was 0.6 ng/ml. Last year, my AMH count was 0.1 ng/ml. Also, on the day seven and day 10, the follicular study gave nil result in both the ovaries (without medication). ...  Read Full »