Q. I have PCOD from the last 10 years. Please suggest a permanent cure.

Answered by
Dr. Sujata Mittal
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Sep 05, 2017

Hello doctor,

I am 25, married and sexually active. I suffered from PCOD for a while, took all sorts of allopathic and homeopathic medicines and when I got scanned two months ago, PCOD was not found. I thought this is the end of my problem but, still, my periods are irregular. Last time, I was late by 15 days and took Primolut and got my period after five days. This month, my due date was on the 19th. I started to get bloody mucus-like bits and pieces one week prior to 19th and till date, this is continuing. What could this possibly be? Can I have a permanent solution to this problem ever? I am frustrated with irregular periods and weight gain for 10 years now. Any amount of exercise does not show any result.



Welcome to

Please note that PCOD is not diagnosed by ultrasound.

Kindly get thyroid profile, serum androsterone test, serum prolactin, serum testosterone, free androgen index, serum insulin, and fasting blood sugar test done.

Start doing six sets of Surya Namaskar every day.

Follow a vegetarian diet. 50 % of your diet should be raw fruits and veggies. Stop taking sweets.

Consult a good gynecologist and an endocrinologist.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

I will get them done and share the results, but I am worried about the bloody mucus. What could be the issue?



Welcome back to

  • Get BHCG (beta-human chorionic gonadotropin) done to rule out pregnancy and if negative, get an ultrasound done.
  • Also, get urine routine.
  • If these are negative, please let me know at the earliest.

For more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
PCOS and Weight Management

PCOS or polycystic ovarian syndrome is a hormonal disorder in women ... For more information consult a polycystic ovaries specialist online ... Ultrasound features o...   Read full

I have thick and foul-smelling vaginal discharge. What to do?

My periods are irregular, and sometimes I do not get periods for 8 to 9 months ... I used to get periods after taking Meprate ...   Read full

For how long should I take Kalachikai powder to overcome PCOD problem?

For PCOD (polycystic ovarian disease), powder Kalachikai has a good effect, but the duration of treatment is long (more than three months) ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Coronavirus Variant Arcturus: | Omicron XBB.1.16 Variant
Arcturus is an emerging variant of the Omicron virus that causes various symptoms and spreads rapidly across the world. ...  Read more»
Adrenaline Rush - Symptoms, Causes, Effects, and How to Control
Adrenaline is a hormone responsible for fight or flight response. It is also a neurotransmitter and medicine. It is also...  Read more»
Fatty Liver - Types, Symptoms, Stages, and Treatment
The liver is the largest gland in the body. Its primary function is to process the food and drinks we consume. and filte...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Obstetrician & Gynaecologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.