HomeAnswersGeneral PractitionerpcosI am worried about the information I found online about cancer and tumors related to abnormal antigens in PCOS. Please help.

Is it possible for PCOS markers to indicate various body tumors and cancers as well?

Share

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

iCliniq medical review team

Published At October 21, 2023
Reviewed AtOctober 21, 2023

Patient's Query

I recently had a blood test to check for markers of PCOS. The doctor told me that the blood test came back normal, no action was required, except for something to do with my antigens, and I was scheduled for a subsequent appointment. However, when I googled about abnormal antigens in blood, I found information related to cancer and tumors. I need peace of mind or any kind of understanding about this situation. Please help.

Thank you in advance.

I have read your query, and understand your concern.

I understand that receiving ambiguous information from your doctor can be concerning and lead to anxiety. However, it is important not to jump to conclusions based on internet searches, as there can be various reasons for abnormal antigen levels in the blood, not just related to cancer and tumors. Antigens are substances that stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies. There are many different types of antigens, and their levels can be affected by various factors. While some abnormal antigen levels may be associated with serious conditions, it is also possible for them to be related to minor or easily treatable issues. It is also essential to try to stay calm and patient until you have the opportunity to discuss the results with your doctor. Stress and anxiety can exacerbate health-related concerns, so take care of yourself during this waiting period. Remember that PCOS (Polycystic Ovary Syndrome) is a complex condition, and a diagnosis is typically made based on a combination of clinical symptoms, blood tests, and imaging studies like ultrasounds.

I read your query and understand your concern.

Please feel free to ask if you have any further questions.

Thank you

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal
Dr. Kanani Darshan Jayantilal

Family Physician

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

pcospcos and mental health

Ask your health query to a doctor online

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy