Pelvic Pain

Pelvic pain is a condition that presents with pain in the lower part of the abdomen and pelvis. Pelvic pain can occur due to appendicitis, intestinal disorders, kidney stones, and bladder disorders in both men and women. Ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage, ovarian cysts, endometriosis, and cervical cancer also cause pelvic pain in women.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

Is it essential to get a PCR test done for chronic prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, We spoke yesterday regarding my chronic pelvic pain condition. I would be doing both urine and semen culture soon. Is there any specific culture or PCR testing to be done? The reason I am asking this is that the traditional dipstick and culture test does not seem to be accurate based on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Answer: Hi, Welcome back to The method varies, and the PCR (polymerase chain reaction) is accurate when there are atypical bacteria like TB (tuberculosis), for example. Your urine microscopic analysis showed no bacteria. The thing I am trying to get is the sample that contains the organis...  Read Full »

I have a few lumps under my left breast and pain in my right pelvic area. Should I worry?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a few lumps (my doctor suggested as lipoma) underneath my left breast. They vary in size. I have had them for at least a number of years. I recently had a CT scan of the abdomen for abdominal or pelvic area pain, and I incidentally found some lesions on my pelvic area bones. I h...  Read Full »

Dr. Ismail Kabakus

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Bone scan reports (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) say that the lesions look benign. I reviewed the CT (computed tomography) scan, and I agree both the left iliac and right femoral lesions look benign. Since the nuclear study is negative, I would s...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms those of pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 25-year-old married female trying to become a mother. I have left-sided pelvic pain, frequent urination, and vaginal discharge. My last menses was on the fourth of this month. Can you tell me if these symptoms are related to pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Balakrishnan. R

Answer: Hello, Welcome to How are you doing? If your periods are regular, then ovulation will occur on the day 12 to 16 of your cycle. So, if your period was on the fourth, ovulation can occur anywhere between the 15th to the 19th. After the ovulation occurs, the sperm will meet the egg in ...  Read Full »

I have pelvic pain, and my CT scan report indicates growth in my iliac region. What could it be?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a query regarding my father's PET scan results. My father had pelvic pain, and the doctor suggested a guided CT scan for diagnosis. The reports showed 11 cm growth in the iliac region. Unfortunately, I am unable to upload the CT scan images. Later, a biopsy and PET scan were also...  Read Full »

Dr. Arshad Hussain Shah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I understand your concern. I have reviewed these two reports (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity). It looks like stage-4 cancer, possibly advanced lung cancer. But more workup is needed to confirm the final diagnosis. The biopsy report lacks details ...  Read Full »

I have chronic pain in the pelvic region after partial hysterectomy. Is it related?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had chronic pain in the right pelvic region for over a year, and it feels like I have been kicked in the rear. I had a partial hysterectomy 14 years ago. I am a 49-year-old who had a cyst in my ovaries. Also, I have a history of endometriosis. I got two ultrasonography investig...  Read Full »

Dr. Manwani Saloni Dilip

Answer: Hello, Welcome to From the above-mentioned symptoms, it could be endometriosis. However, it can be confirmed only after knowing the description of the cysts on ultrasonography and CT scan (computed tomography). Hemorrhagic cysts are generally a feature of endometriosis. Fluid in the p...  Read Full »

My 29-year-old girlfriend has back pain and radiating pain from the pelvis to the hip. Can ovarian cancer or cyst be the cause?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend is 29. She is 5 feet tall and weighs 55 kg. She is generally active, does not smoke and is non-alcoholic. Her family has a history of breast cancer, and all women are in their 70s. She had rare but painful ovarian cysts before six years. Eight months ago, she was diagnosed w...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Do not worry. The pelvic pain seems to be due to ovarian cysts. The lower back pain is due to sitting in the wrong posture and lack of exercise and may also be due to the radiating pelvic pain. At this age, ovarian complications are minimum. Please send me all the report...  Read Full »

I have a persistent urge to urinate, pelvic pain, and cloudy discharge. Are these symptoms of HSV 2?

Query: Hi doctor, About a month ago, I had oral sex for no more than 45 seconds. Two days later, I experienced frequent urination, clear and cloudy discharge, and urge to urinate. It was also accompanied by pelvic pain. A couple of days later, my doctor prescribed me 1 gram of Zithromax and Doxycycline fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav Vishal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to The symptoms described by you points towards sexually transmitted disease, and you have already taken appropriate treatment. Sometimes discharge, pelvic heaviness can persist for a few weeks. If you doubt the Herpes simplex virus (HSV) infection, I suggest yo...  Read Full »

I have pain and discomfort in the pelvic area, which aggravates while sitting. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 48 year old male. My height is 160 cm, and weight is 84 kg. I have a pain and discomfort in the pelvic area which gets aggravated on sitting, lower back pain, irritation on peeing, burning sensation in the pelvic region which radiates at times to the leg. I have seen a urologist...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Your history suggests that you have a chronic mild to moderate inflammation of the pelvic organs, most probably the urinary bladder. The possibility of a chronic epididymo-orchitis also has to be ruled out. Please do get the following investigations: CBC (complete bloo...  Read Full »

What is the reason for my lower abdomen pain, which started immediately after intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing pain in my abdomen, and it started immediately after intercourse for the past two days. I also have a bloated stomach without constipation. The pain is more significant in the lower abdomen. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Navajith A. Mani

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Pelvic muscles contract during orgasm, which can cause pain. Pain after vaginal and anal sex is usually temporary and should clear when you change positions or allow your body to rest. I suggest you try different positions and avoid deep thrusting next time to help...  Read Full »

Can nutcracker syndrome damage your heart?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21 year old student. I recently found that I have nutcracker syndrome. I fear that it will affect my mitral valve prolapse or cause some damage to the heart, leading to stress and depression.  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Srivastava

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Nutcracker syndrome is a condition in which the left renal vein gets compressed between two large vessels, superior mesenteric artery and the aorta. The compression will result in renal venous hypertension, and rupture of thin-walled veins. Hence, there is resultant he...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.