Pelvic Pain

Why do I get intense pelvic pain in the middle of my cycle?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 18 years old. And about five or six times in the past year, I have experienced intense, nauseating pain that I can only guess is ovarian, but I cannot find anything on the internet to really pinpoint it. It alternates sides, lasts for a couple of hours, and is always between days ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pain you have been experiencing is most likely the ovulatory pain, typical to occur in the midcycle when one has regular cycles of 28-30 days, or if you have you menstrual periods of varying dates, you can observe that exactly 14 days prior to the menstrual perio...  Read Full »

Why am I having left-sided pelvic pain?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past couple of days, I have been having left side pelvic tenderness. It does not hurt very much When I lay down or stand up, but hurts when touched, especially if pushed down or put any pressure on that area. The pain is right in the area next to my left hip bone. I do not know wh...  Read Full »

Dr. Sweta Singh

Infertility Specialist, Obstetrician And Gynaecologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, firstly I would like you to get a blood test done to rule out pregnancy. It is serum beta hCG. You must also get a vaginal ultrasound done urgently. The reason I am asking for these tests is either you could be having these symptoms because of an ectopic pregna...  Read Full »

I have delayed period with pelvic pain. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing pelvic pain for the last few days everytime and my period is late for 1 week as of now. I confirmed that I am not pregnant. I have an urge to urinate more than normal. I also have small nipple pain on both the sides. Please clarify my doubt.  Read Full »

Dr. Ushasi Mukherjee

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please mention how your menstrual cycles are regarding regularity, duration of bleeding, etc. Your symptoms might be due to premenstrual syndrome with Urinary tract infection. If periods are delayed for 7 days and pregnancy test is negative wait another 7 days for your ...  Read Full »

From the CT images, What do you think as the cause for my pelvic pain?

Query: Hello doctor, My complaint is a pain in the right pelvic area. Could you suggest what the images of my CT film indicate? There are some lesions on my bone. What do they mean? What should be the treatment? I am currently on Amlodipine/Valsartan 2.5/40 mg.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for writing into us and I have gone through the CT scan images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There is a lesion in the right intertrochanteric area and is showing characteristics of an osteoma and is almost always a benign condition. One must ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution for my postpartum pain in pelvis.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 32-year-old female. I had my second baby via c section. A couple of months after, I started getting pelvic pain. The pain is across my whole pelvic area and lower back and some times in my thighs too, very similar to menstrual cramps. Occasionally, I would get a sharp pain on ...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to iclniq.com. I have read your query. Both problems, more or less will have the same effect. In the long run, it might affect you getting pregnant. But if you get pregnant then symptoms of endometriosis subsided. May be for ever. It does not have any effects on pregnancy and baby....  Read Full »

How does spondylolisthesis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old dance fitness instructor. I came to know that I have grade 2 spondylolisthesis of L5-S1. I do not experience severe pain. But, in the case of heavy¬†jerk or periods, it pains in the lower back. I have reduced my activity since I know the issue. Also, I am on regular thy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your spondylolisthesis will not cause any significant problems for childbirth except pain. The pain that you experience will be slightly more as compared to normal individuals. Do not worry. Please do all heavy activities like dancing under utmost care, but do not lift he...  Read Full »

How to fix a pain around the junction of femur bone in pelvis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 16 year old female. For a year now, I have been getting regular, on and off pains in my pelvis around where the femurs connect, and the lower spine. Sometimes it can only be fixed when I put pressure on one side, but other times it hurts to put pressure on it. It started off wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms that you describe can be due to the following: 1. Bursitis: which your doctor says there is a gland that is inflamed. Bursitis may occur occasionally but, if not taken care of, may last for months. In such a case, complete bed rest for a few days, al...  Read Full »

I have lower pelvic pain before periods due to hydrosalpinx. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I developed right lower pelvic pain and was asked to do an ultrasound and diagnosed with the presence of hydrosalpinx 10 months ago and took antibiotic for two weeks. From then on I am suffering from right lower pelvic pain that pulls my veins till knee. It begins paining 10 days befor...  Read Full »

Dr. Ishwar Chandra Rai

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hydrosalpinx is a fallopian tube disorder. In this concern, fallopian tube blocks distally and forms a sausage-like structure. Sometimes it may become painful. A bulky uterus is due to chronic pelvic inflammatory issues. It may lead to irregular and painful menstruation...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for right-sided anterior pelvic tilt?

Query: Hello doctor, My husband is suffering from an anterior pelvic tilt in the right. He is a bodybuilder and currently not able to do workouts since he has pain and numbness in both upper and lower sides of the body in the right region. He also has muscle imbalance because of that. We have consulted se...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for this anterior pelvic tilt position to drastically affect your posture even up into the upper back and neck. The tight muscles are hip flexors, tensor fascia lata, and quadriceps and weak muscles are the gluteal groups and hamstring, abdominals. Str...  Read Full »

I get abdominal pain a week after periods. Can this be PID?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 35 years old married woman with two children. Although earlier I was having regular periods with 28 days cycle, but for the last six months, I am having irregular periods with less than 28 days gap in between. The gaps in the last four periods are within 20 days. And this is noti...  Read Full »

Dr. Sunita Kothari

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You should be investigated for urine infection, and for PID (pelvic inflammatory disease). Meanwhile, you can start tablet Zenflox Oz (Ofloxacin and Ornidazole) twice a day for five days for foul smell and infection which can help you in PID and UTI both. Drink more ...  Read Full »