Phenylephrine

Why did I get blood when I blew my nose?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past five days, I have been having quite a bit of blood come up in my mucus when I blow my nose. My sinuses are sore and puffy. Today, my right cheek and right side of my nose have gone numb and tingling. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided and image provided, it is blood stained discharge with mucus. Hence, the possibility of acute sinusitis or rhinitis is present. Your workup should be done as follow. Rhinoscopy nose examination, PNS x-ray (paranasal sinus), CBC (...  Read Full »

I am allergic to cold air. Is there any special mask or medication that helps to stay in cold air?

Query: Hello doctor,I have cold air allergy problem. I cannot stay in an AC environment, like airport, theaters, restaurant, buses, even if I cover my mouth and ear. If I wait for a few hours, I get a cough and feel unwell. If I stay more, then I get a headache. I have been taking medicines which includes ...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What do precisely your symptoms are? Do you have any nasal problem or breathing trouble, any wheezing? Do you get the same sign when you get exposed to smoke or dust? Since when are you having the symptoms. Have you taken any inhalers and if so have you found relief...  Read Full »

Why is Z-pak not working for a sinus infection?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 41 year old female. I have been sick for almost a month now. I went to my doctor and he gave me Z-pak antibiotic for sinus infection. Normally, Z-pak makes me feel 100% better in a day or two after taking them. Instead of feeling better, I felt worse. I have completed all the Z-pak...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The symptoms you are experiencing can be due to any of the following. Superadded bacterial infection that will require again an antibiotic, which is better to do a culture of the mucus to detect which antibiotic is suitable. The ongoing viral infection, which is usually s...  Read Full »

Is it safe to give Levolin syrup to a 3-year-old?

Query: Hi doctor,My 3 year old baby is suffering with cold and cough. Our doctor suggested her Budecort and Asthalin. I am giving them for the last one week, but no improvement. Shall I give Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Prashant Kumar Singh

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, Paediatrician, Pediatric Allergy Asthma Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to ask you a few questions before I can suggest you anything. Is the cough and cold associated with any fever? How is the cough, dry or wet or productive? Does the child have any wheezing? Are you giving any other medication apart from nebulizati...  Read Full »

How to clean tonsils with Waterpik?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having an issue with one of my tonsils (or around one of my tonsils). I have dealt with tonsil stones for years, and have typically used my finger or Waterpik to remove them. Last Saturday, I discovered some tonsil stones and used my finger to remove them. Upon not getting everything...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and read every detail you wrote. I must commend you for the detailed and chronological description of your problem. Like you predicted, it does not appear like stones. It is infected tons...  Read Full »

Can Levolin syrup treat a baby cough?

Query: Hello doctor,My 26 months old baby suffers from cough the whole night. She has a cold as well but no fever or spasm of the chest. Should I go for Levolin syrup?  Read Full »

Dr. Penchala Prasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is better not to give it. It contains only Levosalbutamol which acts as a bronchodilator which is useful in bronchial asthma or bronchitis, etc. There is no mucolytic or antihistamine in it. It also causes palpitations and tremors. I suggest using Flucold syrup. ...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for cold, fever and ear pain.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a cold from one week. Today, I experienced ear pain and a fever of 99.6.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have developed upper respiratory tract infection. I usually, after examination, advice the following to my patients: Tablet Moxikind CV 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days. Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and P...  Read Full »

My right ear is slightly blocked. Please suggest a remedy.

Query: Hello doctor, Two days back, I had a severe pain in my right ear. One fine evening, the pain went severe starting from the head till the chin. I had visited an ENT doctor who removed a lot of earwax through EUM suction procedure. Since then, I got relief from the pain. But, I feel my right ear is s...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having an ear block even after the removal of earwax, then probably there is some eustachian tube catarrh. Such a catarrh is likely after an episode of cold. The tube connects the ear to the upper part of the throat. The tube drains whatever fluid is p...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest some medicine for cold, cough and itchy throat.

Query: Hi doctor, I have a sever cold and cough since couple of days. Please suggest me some good medicine, There is itching in the throat as well.  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to the history provided, it could be pharyngitis associated with upper respiratory tract infection. Your work up should be done as follows. Auscultation. Chest x-ray, only if auscultation doubtful. CBC with AEC (complete blood count with absolute eosinop...  Read Full »

My 3 year old son has fever and cough for more than a week. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, My 3 year old son has a very bad cough with fever of 102 degrees Fahrenheit and above. Since one week, the doctor here has given medication Levolin, Ibugesic and Cetzine along with antibiotics. But, there is no improvement. He still has a fever and a bad cough. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Since it has been a week now, evaluation would be required for this child. The treatment going on is completely perfect. However, I would like to make some changes and additions. The fever medicine should be given round the clock for up to three days at least. Nebuliza...  Read Full »