Q. What does the darker pigmentation at the armpits indicate?

Answered by Dr. Payal Chauhan and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

Do you have a question on Pigmentation or Pityriasis Versicolor? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My reverse elbow armpits have developed a darker (my skin color is fair) pigmentation. This pigmentation has also affected the whole of my groin area. Some dots of such pigmentation have also come up under my extreme armpits. What should I do now? What is this condition? Can you diagnose the state conclusively?