Q. What does the darker pigmentation at the armpits indicate?

Dr. Payal Chauhan
Published on Jun 26, 2019

My reverse elbow armpits have developed a darker (my skin color is fair) pigmentation. This pigmentation has also affected the whole of my groin area. Some dots of such pigmentation have also come up under my extreme armpits. What should I do now? What is this condition? Can you diagnose the state conclusively?

Dr. Payal Chauhan

Dermatology Venereology
#

I understand your concern. The pictures are a bit hazy. But from the given images, it looks like a fungal infection by the name of pityriasis versicolor. I would also need to see your chest, upper back, and shoulders to be sure. Kindly send clear photos of the same to make a conclusive diagnosis. Meanwhile, you can start using the following medicines.

1. Tab Fluconazole 400 mg start and repeat once after a week.

2. 2 % Ketoconazole lotion apply for 5-7 mins and wash off once a day.

| 

What are the treatment for rashes which is present for almost three years?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash for three years. It has started small but now it is really been bothering me.  Read Full »

On application of Selsun blue shampoo, my cheek turned white. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 37 year old male. From my childhood, I had white patches (skin discoloration) that come and go and I was informed that was due to dandruff. I always use moisturizer. I read an online post and I applied Selsun blue shampoo on one side of the cheek where there were light wheatish pa...  Read Full »