Q. Why am I having anal pain and extremely painful bowel movements?

Dr. Arpit Varshney

I am a 35-year-old female. I have extremely painful bowel movements. Also, I experience severe pain and pressure while sitting, standing, lying, or walking. What can be the reason for my anal pain?

Kindly suggest.

#

I understand your concern. I have seen the attached pictures (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You are suffering from hemorrhoids that can be easily treated. I suggest you the following treatment for a month:

• Syrup Looz 15 ml (Lactulose) twice daily for constipation.
  • Cream Anovate (Phenylephrine, Beclometasone, Lidocaine) to be applied to the affected area thrice daily for pain.
  • Tablet Daflon (Diosmin and Hesperidin) 1000 mg twice daily for a week, followed by 1000 mg once daily.
  • Sitz bath twice daily for 15 to 20 minutes.

As your condition is mild, it can be controlled with these medications. So there is nothing to worry about.

Kindly revert in case of further queries.

|