Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

Please suggest a medicine for piles and a lump outside the anus.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having a piles problem. I had blood in my stool for about one month, and now a lump is felt outside of my anus. I need some medication. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. A V Hussain Shihaz

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your issue. It does not confirm that you have piles but, it could be most probably piles. Is it painful when it bleeds or not painful? Is the blood coated on stools or does it drip down, or blood mixed with stools and mucus? Do you have constipat...  Read Full »

Why there is recurrence in piles even after surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,My mother is 50 years old and had piles for six years. It turned severe, with heavy bleeding and pain. We did surgery to cure it. Now two months completed still, she is having the piles problem with bleeding and pain whenever she uses her restroom and also has pain on urination. Please ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aastha Midha Likhyani

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For piles, the first and most important thing is to avoid constipation and spicy meal. Take a high fiber diet. Drink plenty of fluids, about three liters per day. Take Isabgol (psyllium) powder three tablespoons with milk twice a day. Take Dobesil (Calcium Dobisi...  Read Full »

Can skin thinning result from Anovate cream?

Query: Hi doctor, Around 1 year ago, I was diagnosed with anal fissure. My doctor has prescribed me a topical steroid cream, Anovate and I used it for about eight months. My fissure was healed, but I was left with constant pain, itching and pricking sensation around the anus while walking. I was not able ...  Read Full »

Dr. Happykumar Kagathara

Medical Gastroenterologist, Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Anal fissure develops due to erosion of anal mucosa during hard straining particularly in constipated person. This is the main cause for it. So, prevention or treatment of constipation is very important. Once the anal mucosa get eroded due to straining, then the norm...  Read Full »

I have severe pain while passing stools. Is it due to piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been having serious pain when going to the toilet but the pain lasts for anything up to 8 hours after. I sometimes have blood on the toilet paper as well. I have been to the doctor before and even took myself to the hospital and after a small rectal exam every time they tell me...  Read Full »

Dr. Hariharan V

Diabetologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel very saddened of your symptoms. I have seen many patients with this problem, which causes unbearable pain and anxiety to them. You may be having either anal fissure or piles, but the treatment is almost similar. 1. Eat lot of vegetables and whole grains. Fiber w...  Read Full »

I got treated for piles recently but noted a few blood spots in my shorts. Is there a connection?

Query: Hello doctor,I noted a few blood spots in my shorts. No symptoms, though. Recently did a blood test and had high amylase. I had piles and got cured recently. I was under Ayurvedic medicine. Any connection? Is it something to worry? What precautions to be taken?  Read Full »

Dr. Prathap

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in shorts in the background of piles, check for any recurrence of piles. Consult a general surgeon in person to rule out any recurrence of piles. Serum amylase elevation is not a specific finding, and it is elevated in many conditions like salivary gland abnorm...  Read Full »

Please suggest home remedies for hot sensation in the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, What are some of the home remedies for burning sensation of the Anus? What is the reason for this burning sensation? It happens whenever I eat outside food. Though I did not eat more spicy food, why it is happening.  Read Full »

Dr. Arul Amuthan

Ayurveda Specialist, Naturopathy Specialist, Pharmacologist, Siddha Medicine Specialist, Toxicologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The following are the causes for burning sensation in the anus. Spicy foods Hard food such as bread that causes constipation Less water consumption Excess tea and coffee consumption Foods that easily causes heat in the body Frequent diarrhea o...  Read Full »

What is the reason for stomach pain and blood in stools?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of: Colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections. Diverticulitis. Malignancy has to be ruled out. Piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Stool examination for microscopy and ...  Read Full »

What can be done to cure external pile?

Query: Hi doctor, I have an external pile for the past four days. I use Ibuprofen for pain and also use a tube of Scheriproct. There has been no improvement in four days. Should I get worried or does it take time to clear?   Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you are using Sheriproct (Prednisolone), there should be at least some improvement because it contains a steroid and it helps clear up the piles within seven days. I hope you are using it correctly. I hate to tell you this but if there is no improvement with topical ...  Read Full »

Blood in Loose Stool

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in stool is not a normal condition as you are having the problem for one year. It should be investigated in detail and the following work-up will be useful. Rectal, anal area examination, stool routine microscopic examination, proctoscopy examination, colonoscopy,...  Read Full »

Which ayurvedic medicine can increase iron level without affecting psychiatric medicine?

Query: Hello doctor, My Hb levels went down because of bleeding piles and I started Iron supplements but it makes my depressive symptoms worse as I am already on psychiatric medicine. Please suggest an ayurvedic medicine which does not interact with psychiatric medicine, for iron boost.  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I just read your query. See if your hemoglobin level is around 10 then rather than taking any supplements, take diet which is helpful in improving hemoglobin level. If Hb is below 10, then you can take the following medicine: Capsule blossom (Unja) one capsule two ti...  Read Full »