Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

Is there any medication to improve grade 1 fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from piles. So I recently done the whole abdomen ultrasound and got to know fatty liver grade I. I want to know is it life-threatening? Or is there any medication to improve and come back to a normal healthy liver? Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fatty liver is not a life-threatening condition, but in some cases, it may gradually progress to chronic liver disease. So it needs some attention. Now treatment depends whether you also have any liver damage due to fatty liver. So you should undergo liver function ...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having blood in my stools, and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest the following to manage your painful piles. I suggest you start the following: 1. Antibiotics, preferably Ciplox TZ (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole) tablet twice daily. 2. Tablet Lyser DP (Diclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) twice daily...  Read Full »

How to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I am a patient of prolapsed internal piles of third-degree from birth. My piles comes out while passing stools and after passing stools, I push them back with my hands inwards. Sometimes I have pain and bleeding. Will rubber band ligation helps for this type? Does any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can have third-degree piles or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have a rectal wall prolapse. You can differentiate it while examining the mass on ...  Read Full »

I have had itching around the anal area for nearly one year, and now I have lumps around my anus. How can I treat this condition?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 43-year-old female (178 centimeters in height and 75 kilograms in weight) suffering from anal itching for the past 9 to 12 months. It is intense after giving stool, during or after having intercourse or anal masturbation, and at night. I also have a few lumps on my anus ring th...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugandh Garg

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. I have reviewed the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), and I suggest you consult a surgeon and get it physically examined as the picture looks like a case of external piles. Physic...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump near my anus. There is no bleeding but I have pain while passing stools. I have this lump from 8 years of age. I did not have any problem with it. There is no pain or bleeding due to it. Now I am 20 years old and I have pain in it for a few weeks with low quantity. Is it no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Piles form within the anus and it does not form around it. Your description suggests a skin tag or anal tag. This does not require any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it. You can have other possibilities such as perianal abscess or boil. For this, I suggest yo...  Read Full »

How can I manage piles and the pain, swelling, and itching in the outer rectum?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male suffering from piles and swelling in the outer rectum. It was itching for the past few weeks but has become painful.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome you to icliniq.com. From the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity), I think you have thrombosed external hemorrhoids or piles, which are usually painful. I suggest you take a Sitz bath. Take a tub of water, fill it in half with slightly warm water, ...  Read Full »

I have external and internal piles associated with itching. What to do to resolve itching?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 28 years old and my height is 6 feet 2 inches, and I weigh 98 kg. I have external and internal piles. And, I have itching but no bleeding. Also, I am not under any medications. Kindly suggest a solution to my problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Welcome to icliniq.com. I see your weight seems to be very high and you also have constipation. In this case, it is common to have external and internal piles. In the picture that you have uploaded, I can only see the external piles (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity). Since inte...  Read Full »

I have anal and rectal pain while laughing and coughing after laser surgery for piles. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I underwent a laser surgery for piles two days ago. I feel bumpy on the left side and still have anal pain. I have not had a bowel movement since yesterday morning, but I pass gas. I sometimes have the urge to go to the bathroom, but I pass gas, and I see some puss with blood coming frequ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pandian. P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query and understood your concern. I feel you might be on antibiotics, analgesics, probiotics, sitz bath, and laxatives. I suggest you to continue those medicines. Your problem will be alright within a week. If you can share me your prescription it...  Read Full »

Will the banding procedure be effective in curing my piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 years old unmarried girl. I have bright red blood in the stool. I have consulted three doctors each of them did proctoscopy.  They said that I have one or two internal piles. I also have pain during and after defecation in the anal and buttock area. I have always been a chro...  Read Full »

Dr. Noushif. M

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Bleeding of piles may or may not present daily. It depends on a lot of factors like the grade of piles, underlying constipation, etc. Since you have grade two piles with recurrent bleeding, it is advisable to undergo surgery. Nowadays it is better to go for the stapler h...  Read Full »

I have been suffering from piles and flatulence problems. What should I do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from piles and flatulence problems for the last ten days due to taking excessive medication for typhoid fever and thyroiditis for the last month. I was hospitalized for ten days. Due to this, I am suffering from piles and rectal pain. Usually, there is inflammatio...  Read Full »

Dr. C. Elanchezhian

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Take a regular diet and high fiber-rich food to avoid constipation. I suggest you consult a specialist and take the following medications with their consent. Syrup Cremaffin 10 ml (Liquid Paraffin and Milk of Magnesia) at night, Proctosedyl ointment (Phenylephrine, B...  Read Full »