Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

How can we differentiate if the blood in stools is due to piles or ulcers?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a lot of bleeding when I defecate, and it gives me body weakness for the past week. I took capsule Amoxicillin, but it did not stop it. I do not know if it is a sign of pile or ulcer because I got cramps.  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and will help you with it. If it is a splash of fresh blood, you will probably suffer from hemorrhoids (piles). A bleeding ulcer will not cause you to bleed fresh blood, and the stool will be black in that case. Is there any bulging in th...  Read Full »

Will there be itching and swelling when there are piles?

Query: Hi doctor,For the last two months, I am having piles, wounds around the anal. There is swelling, itching and it is red in color. Itching is mostly during nighttime. Pain is there when I pass stools. I am not under any medication. Kindly help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Utkarsh Sharma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and will help you with it. I have seen the attached image (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). You are suffering from hemorrhoids (piles). There is inflammation as well. Yes, it must be itchy and painful. Do not worry. Ar...  Read Full »

Does consistent itching in the anal area indicate piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 36 years old. I am a non-smoker and non-drinker. I am a non-vegetarian. I have been facing consistent itching at the anal opening area and the anal sweat glands. I feel the itching is more during the nighttime. So far, I have not been diagnosed with any piles or similar ailments....  Read Full »

Dr. Dilip Meena

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. There can be various causes of perianal pruritis (itching), including piles, perianal candidiasis (fungal infection), intertrigo (skin inflammation), psoriasis, lichen sclerosus (white patches of skin), helminthic infections (a parasiti...  Read Full »

I suffer from hemorrhoids for the past three years. Kindly help.

Query: Hi, I have been facing a problem with hemorrhoids for the past 3 years. I have been taking Anusol suppositories inserted directly into my anus as it was advised by the doctor. But to my disappointment it keeps coming back. What option can you suggest to get it treated once for all?  Read Full »

Dr. Shaheen Zafar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your hemorrhoids is persisting with the medical treatment then there are other options for its treatment. The other treatment options are: Rubber Band Ligation (RBL) - a small band which is applied to the base of the hemorrhoid mass cuts off the blood supply to the ma...  Read Full »

How to manage symptoms of piles?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from piles. She has bleeding during bowel movements with pain. She has bleeding every time while trying to pee with painful bowel movements. She is suffering from this issue for three days. She has pain while having bowel movements alone. Her stool is normal. She...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother can take capsule Tranxemic acid 1 mg twice daily for three days for stopping the bleeding. Please mention whether she has hemorrhoids alone. Hemorrhoids cause painless bleeding. An anal fissure is caused due to a breach in the lining of the anal canal. It ca...  Read Full »

How to get rid of external piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. Currently, I am suffering from external piles. I have pain while passing stools. I am not taking any medication for it. Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Malvika Rao

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. For having proper treatment, I need some details. Kindly mention whether you had any chronic illness and commodities in the past. Please mention whether you taking any medications. Kindly mention your personal history. External hemorrhoids are...  Read Full »

How to prevent the symptoms of piles from recurring?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with piles. I have mild bleeding only at the time of defecation which is seen on the toilet paper while wiping. There is no bleeding seen on my stool. Sometimes, I have constipation. But my motion is not hard. I am facing this issue for six months. It happened thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have frequent constipation. Avoid having constipation. It reduces to have hard stools. Hard stools are the major cause of piles. It occurs due to the rubbing of the internal anal structure regularly. Frequent rubbing of hard stools causes piles. You need to ...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump near my anus. There is no bleeding but I have pain while passing stools. I have this lump from 8 years of age. I did not have any problem with it. There is no pain or bleeding due to it. Now I am 20 years old and I have pain in it for a few weeks with low quantity. Is it no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Piles form within the anus and it does not form around it. Your description suggests a skin tag or anal tag. This does not require any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it. You can have other possibilities such as perianal abscess or boil. For this, I sugges...  Read Full »

How to treat piles and anal itching?

Query: Hi doctor, For piles, I am taking two Himalaya tablets daily. But I am unable to sit properly due to anal itching. Please suggest a medicine.   Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking ayurvedic medicine for piles. Sometimes, it can help you, and sometimes, it cannot help you. I suggest you consult a local general surgeon for having examination before taking other treatments. If piles remain for a long time, it causes significant pa...  Read Full »

How to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I am a patient of prolapsed internal piles of third-degree from birth. My piles comes out while passing stools and after passing stools, I push them back with my hands inwards. Sometimes I have pain and bleeding. Will rubber band ligation helps for this type? Does any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can have third-degree piles or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have a rectal wall prolapse. You can differentiate it while examining the mass on ...  Read Full »