Common "Piles" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have a large, painful lump near my anus. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a very painful bowel movement three days ago. Today, I was feeling very sore around my anus and found a lump a little bigger than a pea. This looks like a large pimple. Please help as it hurts.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Most probably you have piles which get a lump that protrudes from the anus. It has four grades. The first to the third is medical and the fourth is surgical. From your history, it is second or third but it needs a physical examination. Also, I would like to know if y...  Read Full »

Please tell me the medicines for piles and blood in stools.

Query: Hello doctor,I am having blood in my stools, and I have piles. I also have pain in passing the stools. Can you suggest some medicine?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would suggest the following to manage your painful piles. I suggest you start the following: 1. Antibiotics, preferably Ciplox TZ (Ciprofloxacin and Tinidazole) tablet twice daily. 2. Tablet Lyser DP (Diclofenac, Serratiopeptidase, and Paracetamol) twice daily...  Read Full »

My girlfriend gets blood in her stool. How to treat it?

Query: Hi doctor, My girlfriend has piles. She gets blood along with stool. She is 22 years old. How to get it cured? How to get some relief from this? Is piles operation a complicated one? How many days should she need to take rest after this operation? Is there any restriction in food?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. We are here to help you. Blood in stools can be from upper gastrointestinal (UGI) or from lower gastrointestinal (LGI). The dark altered blood is from upper GI bleed and fresh blood is mostly from the lower GI tract. We need to evaluate various possibilities that can ...  Read Full »

I have pain in my anus. Is it piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to know about piles. For the past two days, I am having little bit pain in the anus. I want to know if it is piles or not. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Most probably it is an early degree of piles. Piles is a condition where thecongested veins along with the covering mucosal layer protrude from the anus. It has four degrees, the firs...  Read Full »

What is the reason of my father's stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, For several years my father is suffering from stomach pain. His problem includes blood in stool and pain in left side abdomen area. He has taken ayurveda, homeopathy as well as allopathy medicines, but nothing has benefitted. We did test like endoscopy, but some doctors said it is due to ...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With your symptoms, there is a possibility of colitis, which may be due to inflammatory (inflammatory bowel disease) or infections, diverticulitis, or piles (hemorrhoids) may be there. Malignancy has to be ruled out as well. Stool examination for microscopy and cultur...  Read Full »

I have been experiencing recurrent skin problems. Kindly help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have been experiencing recurrent skin problems in the area near my buttocks and occasionally around my waist, along with a history of piles. There have been rashes between my scrotum and buttocks, and on rare occasions, around the waist area. I have been using Lobate gel as advised by...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your query. Based on the information and pictures provided,(attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) it appears that you may have developed tinea incognito or tinea cruris, which is a fungal infection that may have been partially suppresse...  Read Full »

I am passing blood in my stools. What could it be?

Query: Hi doctor, My query is that whether I am suffering from piles or it is some other problem. I have attached images for reference. For almost 10 days, I am passing blood in my stool. It is not much in quantity, but still, it is there. I was on Isotretinoin cycles for 10 to 12 weeks to cure my acne pro...  Read Full »

Dr. Salah Saad Hassan Shoman

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The provided images do not reveal the presence of external piles; however, it's important to note that early stages of piles may not be externally visible. The occurrence of red-colored blood in stools suggests bleeding originating from the lower part of the digestive tr...  Read Full »

I have bleeding in the stools after piles surgery. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a patient of piles. 28 days ago, I had a surgery. Now, there is a slight bleeding through the stool. What can I do? Please tell me.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajit Kumar Varma

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Minimal bleeding after recent piles operation is not very uncommon. It is very important to keep your stools soft. Please take good amounts of fruits, vegetables, and fluids to keep the motion soft. If required, you may also take medication as per the doctor's advice...  Read Full »

Can I have a normal delivery despite having piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 9 months pregnant. I am nearing my due date. I have developed piles during pregnancy. Initially it was fine, but now it has become big, swollen and painful. Can you suggest a remedy for it? Is it possible to have a normal delivery due to piles? Please give me a suitable solution, so ...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. Sometimes piles increase in pregnancy and decrease after delivery. Regarding the method of delivery C-section (cesarean) or normal delivery depends on several factors not related to piles, so let your gynecologist decide. You can...  Read Full »

Can hemorrhoids be the reason for blood in my stool?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been having some blood in my stools for the past six days. During the weekend, I saw a general practitioner, who inspected the rectal area but found nothing. He also performed an abdominal examination and found nothing. He stated that my blood count was normal. I had a colonoscop...  Read Full »

Dr. Chibitam Hope Obia

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Regarding your rectal bleeding symptoms, I feel your bleeding is caused by constipation and an internal hemorrhoid on rectal examination. Please take the medications listed below, along with which, use a sitz bath, and consuming plenty of fruits and veggies. Take a ...  Read Full »