Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

How to manage symptoms of piles?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother is suffering from piles. She has bleeding during bowel movements with pain. She has bleeding every time while trying to pee with painful bowel movements. She is suffering from this issue for three days. She has pain while having bowel movements alone. Her stool is normal. She...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your mother can take capsule Tranxemic acid 1 mg twice daily for three days for stopping the bleeding. Please mention whether she has hemorrhoids alone. Hemorrhoids cause painless bleeding. An anal fissure is caused due to a breach in the lining of the anal canal. It ca...  Read Full »

How to get rid of external piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. Currently, I am suffering from external piles. I have pain while passing stools. I am not taking any medication for it. Kindly help.   Read Full »

Dr. Malvika Rao

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. For having proper treatment, I need some details. Kindly mention whether you had any chronic illness and commodities in the past. Please mention whether you taking any medications. Kindly mention your personal history. External hemorrhoids are...  Read Full »

How to prevent the symptoms of piles from recurring?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a problem with piles. I have mild bleeding only at the time of defecation which is seen on the toilet paper while wiping. There is no bleeding seen on my stool. Sometimes, I have constipation. But my motion is not hard. I am facing this issue for six months. It happened thr...  Read Full »

Dr. Md Rajja

Internal Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have frequent constipation. Avoid having constipation. It reduces to have hard stools. Hard stools are the major cause of piles. It occurs due to the rubbing of the internal anal structure regularly. Frequent rubbing of hard stools causes piles. You need to ...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a lump near my anus. There is no bleeding but I have pain while passing stools. I have this lump from 8 years of age. I did not have any problem with it. There is no pain or bleeding due to it. Now I am 20 years old and I have pain in it for a few weeks with low quantity. Is it no...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Piles form within the anus and it does not form around it. Your description suggests a skin tag or anal tag. This does not require any specific treatment. You can simply ignore it. You can have other possibilities such as perianal abscess or boil. For this, I sugges...  Read Full »

How to treat piles and anal itching?

Query: Hi doctor, For piles, I am taking two Himalaya tablets daily. But I am unable to sit properly due to anal itching. Please suggest a medicine.   Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are taking ayurvedic medicine for piles. Sometimes, it can help you, and sometimes, it cannot help you. I suggest you consult a local general surgeon for having examination before taking other treatments. If piles remain for a long time, it causes significant pa...  Read Full »

How to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 40 years old. I am a patient of prolapsed internal piles of third-degree from birth. My piles comes out while passing stools and after passing stools, I push them back with my hands inwards. Sometimes I have pain and bleeding. Will rubber band ligation helps for this type? Does any ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the attached photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You can have third-degree piles or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have a rectal wall prolapse. You can differentiate it while examining the mass on ...  Read Full »

What leads to blood with loose stool?

Query: Hello doctor, I have blood coming in loose stool for the past one year but I do not feel any pain. What is the reason?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Blood in stool is not a normal condition as you are having the problem for one year. It should be investigated in detail and the following work-up will be useful. Rectal, anal area examination, stool routine microscopic examination, proctoscopy examination, colonoscopy,...  Read Full »

Is sudden episode of diarrhea with blood a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old female in good health. Last night, I had a very sudden violent episode of diarrhea, which had quite a bit of blood in it. I am quite worried about this, whether it could be something serious. I have had no more episodes since last night but have a very gurgly feel.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you take a picture of that? And did you eat something uncertain in the last couple of days, especially pork or beef? And do you have a fever? Does it cause pain while passing stools? And do you have constipation previously? This one episode of diarrhea with bloo...  Read Full »

How to treat thrombosed piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from thrombosed piles since two years. Initially, it took a week to subside. I showed it to doctor, who has conducted a physical examination and he had diagnosed it as thrombosed piles. Before 11 months, when I was exercising in gym, I again suffered from thrombosed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Thrombosed piles can be a cause of your pain and bleeding, but the other causes need to be ruled out. In my opinion, you should consult a surgeon, so that your proper examination and intervention could...  Read Full »

What causes a sharp, burning pain while passing stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17-year-old male and I have a weight of 117 kilograms. I hate discussing things like this but I always have large stools. I think that I may have IBS. My mother had IBS and the symptoms are similar for us. Recently, after having a large stool I noticed some bright red blood on the...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have hemorrhoids and it happens due to chronic constipation. Avoid taking oily, fried, and outside foods. Drink more water. Try to eat a high fiber diet with green leafy vegetables and fruits. Try to do exercise daily for thirty minutes. Try to reduce your weight by...  Read Full »