Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable? I am now o...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these ulcers can be healed. But, it will take some time. Colonoscopy shows multiple ulcers in terminal ileum. The cause of these ulcers could be Crohn's disease, tubercular ulcers or chronic non-specific ulcers which heal by their own. But, your report does ...  Read Full »

How to manage symptoms of piles?

Query: Hi Doctor, My mother is having piles problem, she is bleeding during bowel movements having pain. The problem is, bleeding every time trying to pee, painful bowel movement. Its happening past 3 days. Pain is only when going for bowel movements. Stool is normal, Not hard. She Had the history of same ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well you can give her Cap Tranxemic acid 1 gm twice daily for 3 days and see if bleeding stops. I wonder is she only have hemorrhoids issues? since the hemorrhoids cause only painless bleeding, however, it is anal fissure which is breach in the lining of the ...  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools. Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area....  Read Full »

It is painful to go to the loo. Is this hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past six months, I have had a problem where it is very painful to go to the loo. Whenever I try, there is blood on the toilet paper as well as all over the toilet. I already tried two types of medication. I used suppository as well as a cream (Anusol HC) that goes on the outside...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your bleeding per anus is because of this anal problem. As per the image provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be piles along with tear or fissure also. Your proctoscopy anal and rectal examination needed to check that region properl...  Read Full »

How to get rid of external piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I'm a 29 years old male patient, I'm currently suffering from external piles. I experience pains when passing out stool. I haven't taken any medication yet. Please help  Read Full »

Dr. Malvika Rao

General Practitioner, Family Physician

Answer: Hello Welcome to icliniq.co I get your concern, but to prescribe a proper treatment I have to inspect you properly in order to provide you the specific treatment and for that I will be needing a brief past history of any chronic illness and commodities, any medications you are taking, along with y...  Read Full »

Is there any medication to improve grade 1 fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from piles. So I recently done the whole abdomen ultrasound and got to know fatty liver grade I. I want to know is it life-threatening? Or is there any medication to improve and come back to a normal healthy liver? Please help.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Fatty liver is not a life-threatening condition, but in some cases, it may gradually progress to chronic liver disease. So it needs some attention. Now treatment depends whether you also have any liver damage due to fatty liver. So you should undergo liver function ...  Read Full »

What are the ways to treat recurrent piles?

Query: Hello doctor, I have suffered with piles/anal fissures (not sure with which one of the two for the last 5 years). Every fifteen days I have used Annovate and sitz bath to relieve me of recurring pricking pain. I am not sure if I am to continue with Annovate. It was prescribed for a limited period ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I can understand that you must be very concerned about your problem, but taking Anovate which is a Baclomethasone considering diagnosis in disguise; is not a wise decision otherwise. I must suggest you to get your self examind with a gastroneterolgist or a g...  Read Full »

How can piles after one month of C-section delivery be treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife has got piles after one month of C-section delivery. She has this problem since one week. She has taken some ayurvedic treatment but nothing improved. Blood coming through stool and it is dificult for her to sit. Please suggest.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Was this delivery a planned C-section or initial normal delivery with follow up rescue C-section? This is important to know. I am little concerned, is this blood coming in stools from anus or from the the vaginal opening after delivery. Some bleeding is common to o...  Read Full »

What can cause a slightly painful lump near the anus?

Query: There is one lump near my anus, but its not bleeding while passing stools but it pains a little bit. I have this lump since I was 8 years old. But I never had problem with it. It has no pain, no bleeding. And now I am 20 years old. But since few weeks it is painful but in a very low quantity. So is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello. I welcome you to icliniq. Well piles usually form within anus not around it. The description you mention suggested that is is possibly an skin tag or anal tag. You can search on google writing this term and you may find the similar pictures that you have been feeling. This does not need an...  Read Full »

How are bleeding piles treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my kidney transplant two months ago. Now, I am suffering from piles. Can you suggest me some medicine?  Read Full »

Dr. Abhishek Dixit

Nephrologist, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Are you a donor or a recipient? I suggest you apply Smuth cream (Lignocaine) for pain and take a sitz bath. Does it bleed? Consult your doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent. Revert back with the answers to the above questions to a nephrolo...  Read Full »