Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

How to treat thrombosed piles?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been suffering from thrombosed piles since two years. Initially, it took a week to subside. I showed it to doctor, who has conducted a physical examination and he had diagnosed it as thrombosed piles. Before 11 months, when I was exercising in gym, I again suffered from thrombosed ...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Pardhi

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and can understand your health concern. Thrombosed piles can be a cause of your pain and bleeding, but the other causes need to be ruled out. In my opinion, you should consult a surgeon, so that your proper examination and intervention could...  Read Full »

What causes a sharp, burning pain while passing stools?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 17-year-old male and I have a weight of 117 kilograms. I hate discussing things like this but I always have large stools. I think that I may have IBS. My mother had IBS and the symptoms are similar for us. Recently, after having a large stool I noticed some bright red blood on the...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have hemorrhoids and it happens due to chronic constipation. Avoid taking oily, fried, and outside foods. Drink more water. Try to eat a high fiber diet with green leafy vegetables and fruits. Try to do exercise daily for thirty minutes. Try to reduce your weight by...  Read Full »

Is sudden episode of diarrhea with blood a concerning issue?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 42-year-old female in good health. Last night, I had a very sudden violent episode of diarrhea, which had quite a bit of blood in it. I am quite worried about this, whether it could be something serious. I have had no more episodes since last night but have a very gurgly feel.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did you take a picture of that? And did you eat something uncertain in the last couple of days, especially pork or beef? And do you have a fever? Does it cause pain while passing stools? And do you have constipation previously? This one episode of diarrhea with ...  Read Full »

What could cause dark-colored stools, rectal swelling, and bleeding?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a very dark stool with some black bits, a lot of mucus when I pass stool, and only passing large amounts of mucus with no stool and having an enlarged swollen rectum. I also have visible blood when I wipe. I first went to my PCP about having constant constipation and havin...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Chronic constipation leads to the stagnant of stools, and thus, there is bacterial action, dryness, and other chemical changes that may contribute to the dark color of your stool. Due to bleeding from an upper gastrointestinal problem, the stool color would be dark blac...  Read Full »

How to treat piles with anal fissure?

Query: Hi doctor, My husband is suffering from piles, but he has no bleeding. He has the problem of constipation due to this; it is very painful. Please suggest the best and latest treatment for this. Which hospital can we approach for the best treatment? What will be the expense for this?  Read Full »

Dr. Kumar Sonal

General Surgeon

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about your husband's complaints of piles along with fissure. The route cause of both is underlying chronic constipation. That should be taken care of simultaneously. Taking a laxative should be of immense help. As far as the treatment of piles is concerne...  Read Full »

How to treat hemorrhoids with rectal prolapse?

Query: I am a patient of Prolapsed Internal Piles of 3rd Degree since birth. Now I am 40 years age. My piles masses come out while passing stool and after stool i need to push them back with hand inwards. I sometimes have pain / bleeding. Is Rubber band Ligation is successful for this type or some other...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well it may be Third degree pile, or a prolapsed rectal mucosa. People with chronic constipation can have rectal wall prolapse.. This can only be differentiated while examining this mass looking thing on rectal and anal examination. The endoscopic band ligati...  Read Full »

Is chronic ileitis a curable one?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from IBS since the last year. I am getting diarrhea whenever I eat outside food. Recently, I have been detected with chronic ileitis with activity after colonoscopy. I am ready to send the reports for kind perusal of gastroenterologist. Is it curable? I am now o...  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, these ulcers can be healed. But, it will take some time. Colonoscopy shows multiple ulcers in terminal ileum. The cause of these ulcers could be Crohn's disease, tubercular ulcers or chronic non-specific ulcers which heal by their own. But, your report does ...  Read Full »

How to manage symptoms of piles?

Query: Hi Doctor, My mother is having piles problem, she is bleeding during bowel movements having pain. The problem is, bleeding every time trying to pee, painful bowel movement. Its happening past 3 days. Pain is only when going for bowel movements. Stool is normal, Not hard. She Had the history of same ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Hello dear. I welcome you to icliniq. Well you can give her Cap Tranxemic acid 1 gm twice daily for 3 days and see if bleeding stops. I wonder is she only have hemorrhoids issues? since the hemorrhoids cause only painless bleeding, however, it is anal fissure which is breach in the lining of the ...  Read Full »

Please advise regarding my wife's inflation and painful defecation.

Query: Hi doctor, Three months back, my wife had some small wounds inside the anal area. For bleeding, she got Shield ointment from general physician. Lately, a small inflation is seen in anal tract and it is painful while defecating. It has been there for the past three months. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Looks like anal fissure, which means cuts in the skin lining of the anus. It generally happens due to constipation. This leads to pain while passing stools. Many times piles are associated with this condition and it leads to bleeding and swelling in the perianal area....  Read Full »

It is painful to go to the loo. Is this hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past six months, I have had a problem where it is very painful to go to the loo. Whenever I try, there is blood on the toilet paper as well as all over the toilet. I already tried two types of medication. I used suppository as well as a cream (Anusol HC) that goes on the outside...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your bleeding per anus is because of this anal problem. As per the image provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be piles along with tear or fissure also. Your proctoscopy anal and rectal examination needed to check that region properl...  Read Full »