Piles

Piles, also known as hemorrhoids, are swollen blood vessels that develop around the anus. They can cause bleeding and discomfort.

I have been suffering from piles for a few months and even after taking medication there is no relief. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor,I have been suffering from piles for a few months. Even after taking an all-fiber diet and medications, there is no relief. Also, I have been passing hard stools daily. I have swelling around my anus and severe pain. Please suggest any remedy for this.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I have reviewed your query, and here is my advice. According to history, you are having piles problem. I suggest the following remedy for you. Avoid straining while passing stool. Avoid intake of excess spicy foods. A hot water salt ba...  Read Full »

I have an urge to pass stools in the morning and anal burning during the day. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing a stool sensation in the morning and a burning in the anus in the remaining time. I cannot sit for prolonged hours, so please let me know what the problem is. Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have piles like irritating anal conditions. You should get the local anal and rectal proctoscopy examinations for further workup. My advice: Consult your specialist doctor, talk to them, and take medications after consulting them. You should take liquid p...  Read Full »

Suggest some solutions for fissures with slight bleeding for the past one week.

Query: Hi doctor, I have had fissures or piles with slight bleeding for the past week. It does not go in when pushed inside. I am taking Cremaffin plus syrup and using Smuth cream. Seems to be slight pus-type boils on the fissures. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. The picture (attachment removed to protect the patient’s identity) does not suggest it is a fissure. I suggest it is a thrombosed external hemorrhoids or prolapsed internal hemorrhoids. The piles or hemorrhoids have two types one is externa...  Read Full »

It is painful to go to the loo. Is this hemorrhoids?

Query: Hello doctor,For the past six months, I have had a problem where it is very painful to go to the loo. Whenever I try, there is blood on the toilet paper as well as all over the toilet. I already tried two types of medication. I used suppository as well as a cream (Anusol HC) that goes on the outside...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your bleeding per anus is because of this anal problem. As per the image provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems to be piles along with tear or fissure also. Your proctoscopy anal and rectal examination needed to check that region properl...  Read Full »

Why did I have pain and blood while passing stool?

Query: Hello doctor,When I go to the bathroom for poop, the blood came out with my stool and it became painful for me to pass the stool. After stool, I could not sit down properly. It hurts for a long time. My second problem is that I have an epidemic cyst in my testes. Sometimes I feel pain in that.  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have reviewed your query and here is my advise. You have two main concern: For blood in stool, two common causes could be ruled out: dysentery or colitis or piles. For that proctoscopy examination is done. Additionally, you require to investigate with the stool ro...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest an ointment for pain around the anus.

Query: Hi doctor, I am an obese person. I have hemorrhoids, which is slightly between outer and inner anus. I have pain around the anus occasionally during passing stool. Can you suggest any ointment? I am also suffering with constipation. Please help.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be having constipation related anal tear and hemorrhoids that can cause pain around anus. I recommend the following to my patients after performing proctoscopy. Lignocaine 2% gel to be applied around the anus 15 minutes before passing stools. ...  Read Full »

I have piles and a painful boil on the anus wall. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I have piles and I have a painful boil on the anus wall. It has been there for a week now. It is increasing, and it is not bleeding. It is happening once in a while, maybe once in two or three years, but it gets controlled faster. I have a photo that I can share, but it is not pleasant...  Read Full »

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your query and am sorry for such acute discomfort you are having. I saw the picture you have attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's privacy). There is a localized swelling on the outer aspect of the anal opening. I hope you are referring ...  Read Full »

My blood group has changed from B positive to B negative. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My blood group has changed from B positive to B negative. During diagnosis, it is found that my lymphocyte count is higher, which is around 54 %. I have some other problems like itching underarms and piles. My CT and PET scan report are normal. Ultrasound report shows fatty liver. Why has...  Read Full »

Dr. Goswami Parth Rajendragiri

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Blood group never changes throughout life. I suggest you get your blood group checked in a good blood bank. One of your blood groups might be false due to a faulty technique. Hope I have answered your question. Underarm itching might be due t...  Read Full »

Why does it hurt bad while sitting down and after a bowel movement?

Query: Hi doctor,I have been having some pain in my butthole. I have a giant rash that is on the edge of my anus and a lump or inflammation directly in the opening in my anus. The inflammation is reddish-purple in color and the area pains when touched. It hurts very bad while sitting down and after a bowel...  Read Full »

Dr. Arpit Varshney

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.I have read your concern in detail and I will surely help you out.Based on your description, I can surely make out that you are suffering from piles or hemorrhoids but there is nothing to worry about. It is in the initial stage only and can be controlled with medications...  Read Full »

There is bright red blood in my stool. What could be causing it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 23-year-old female. I weigh 220 at 5 foot 2 inches. There is bright red blood in my stool, not dark at all and no clots. I have asthma. I am also on Clomid to help me conceive and I just finished a round of it yesterday. The bleeding started yesterday.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abdelrahman Abouibrahim

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. The most common causes of blood in stools are either piles or anal fissure and both should be painful. So please provide me with more details in order to identify the cause: Is there any pain during or after defecation? Do you have any...  Read Full »