Plasters Splints

Why is my fractured finger swollen and bent?

Query: Hello doctor, I broke the top joint of my right pinky finger, two and a half months ago, late the night, before I was leaving for a two-month trip abroad. I tried to splint it, but it did not work, and it bent down by about 45 degrees, and now the joint is swollen. After getting an X-ray, now that ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Two and a half months is a very long time for a phalanx fracture to heal. There is no role of splint after two months. So, I would not recommend wearing the splint for six weeks on a trial basis. To decide whether there will be any movement at the joint or not, I need...  Read Full »

What is the standard protocol after a foot fusion surgery?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 45-years-old male. I had a foot fusion surgery of the first metatarsal and a bunionectomy together before six weeks. Everything is progressing well, and the x-rays also showed good progress. Everything I read states I can go into a boot at six weeks. But the doctor is advising me t...  Read Full »

Dr. Anuj Gupta

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly send your x-ray to help you better. Thanks.  Read Full »

Is it necessary to be in sling always for an arm fracture?

Query: Hi doctor, My 4 year old son fell down in play area and got his left arm fractured in the region of ulna and radius. We went to the emergency room immediately and the doctors did alignment and put him on cast and sling. Can you please check the x-ray and confirm the alignment? Since he is 4 years o...  Read Full »

Dr. Sumit Chawla

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reduction is not appropriate in this case, bone might join in a 4 year old child but this is certainly taking risk. Child requires removal of cast, reattempt at close reduction, application of slab for one week followed by check x-ray elbow with forearm with wrist-...  Read Full »

What are the surgical options available for a sprained ankle?

Query: Hello doctor, I am looking for a second opinion for surgical options for a grade 3 sprained ankle. I have attached herewith the MRI results. The results show a ruptured anterior tibiofibular ligament and a partial tear of the posterior tibiofibular ligament with disruption of distal tibiofibular sy...  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the images you have provided (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think only the anterior tibiofibular ligament has ruptured and all the other ligaments are sprained only. I would suggest you manage it non-surgically as all the othe...  Read Full »