Q. After pneumonia, my lung hurts a lot when I cough. What to do?

Dr. Nasir
and medically reviewed by Dr. K Shobana
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 09, 2020 and last reviewed on: Jun 10, 2021

I had pneumonia three months back. It got completely resolved by taking antibiotics. My lung hurts a little when I have any flu or cough. When temperature drops, my lungs start to hurt horribly due to cold. Before getting pneumonia, I do not have any symptoms. Will it a consequence and sequelae of pneumonia? What is the cause?

#

Pneumonia is an infection affecting lung parenchyma. When this occurs, pleura gets affected. It heals by becoming thicker. This can cause problems in breathing for a prolonged period even after the resolution of pneumonia. You have pain which is an unlikely cause to occur even if the pleura is affected. If the pleura is infected, then you can have symptoms. I suggest you do a chest X-ray to rule out the cause.

Do chest X-Ray.

It can be decided after seeing your chest X-ray.

|