Q. What causes pain and swelling under ribs with constipation?

About 8 months ago, I had kidney stones with pain under my rib cage and swelling. The kidney stones are gone but the pain and swelling under my ribs came back one month ago with constipation. I did a CT scan without IVCM, everything is normal except a mild left basal pleural thickening noted. Please advise.

#

We are here to help you.

It seems you are suffering from muscular pain. The muscular chest pain aggravates with movement. It is dull, diffuse and continuous in nature. This can result from incorrect posture during the night while you were sleeping. However, in case you have any pain in the upper part of the abdomen, or you had consumed alcohol in case last night, you would require to get an ultrasound abdomen to rule out any evidence of gall bladder stones or alcohol-induced pancreatitis.

For muscular pain you should do hot fomentation over the involved area 3 to 4 times a day. You should apply Diclofenac gel locally over the involved area. To take anti-inflammatory and analgesic pain killer like Ibuprofen, Etoricoxib, if the pain is very severe. Share my opinion with your doctor before acting upon it.

|