Q. What best can be done for left-sided chest pain due to pneumonia?

Dr. Abaranam Innaci

Suddenly, chest pain occurred on the left-hand side three weeks ago. The doctor diagnosed with lung infection and pneumonia. The pain spreads on the right-hand side, but it is mostly on the left-hand side. Now recovery is very slow though I am having a lot of medicines and water. I have attached the prescription list herewith. I have had a blood test and an X-ray.

#

I have seen all the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

If you have completed the antibiotic course then continue the follow-up medicines.

The blood tests are normal.

Comparing both the X-rays, the recent one has a lot of improvement.

Definitely, you will have a severe cough because pneumonia usually causes a lot of phlegm during the recovery phase.

For more information consult a pulmonologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/pulmonologist

I have two more questions. How much time will it require to get fully recovered? Also as regards pneumonia, no cough is visible. There is only chest pain. Why? Secondly, is this really a case of pneumonia? Do I need to take a second opinion? Chest pain and weakness are still there after three weeks.

#

From the X-ray (attachment removed to protect patient identity), it seems like pneumonia.

Chest pain and fever are major symptoms.

It will take a minimum of four to six weeks to resolve.

You need to have plenty of water and nutritious diet.

All this will help you a lot to reform your immunity.

|