Q. Can chest pain have other reasons than heart attack?

Answered by Dr. Muhammad Zohaib Siddiq and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Chest Pain or Ecg? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. Then he provided tablet of Aspirin and one injection. Then he asked for a few blood tests. After seeing the blood test report he said it is not a heart attack and provided Ecospirin for seven days. Sometimes she is still having mild pain. Please tell me is there anything to be worried or everything is normal.