Polydipsia

What are the symptoms and warning signs of pre-diabetes and diabetes?

Query: Hello doctor, How to spot symptoms of high blood sugar and warning signs for high blood sugar and pre-diabetes? I would like to know at least one symptom of hyperglycemia, and explanation of why that symptom occurs during a bout of high blood sugar?  Read Full »

Dr. Prabhakar Laxman Jathar

Diabetologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually high blood glucose (hyperglycemia) symptoms are not very obvious, hence people do not come to know about the problem easily. So called typical symptoms of diabetes or hyperglycemia are : excess thirst (polydypsia), excess hunger (polyphagia) and excess urin...  Read Full »

Why am I always hungry and thirsty?

Query: Hello¬†doctor, I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost...  Read Full »

Dr. Pratik Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Oncologist

Answer: Hello doctor, Welcome to icliniq.com. All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst. Polyuria refers to increased urination. .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sug...  Read Full »

How can polydipsia and TD be cured in a manic-depressive patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I was diagnosed as manic-depressive (now bipolar 1) 43 years back. For many years I was on Lithium and then subsequently on Haloperidol. Then, I switched over to Valproate 18 years back. The results of the Lithium and Haloperidol were polydipsia and TD. TD was treated with Quetiapine,...  Read Full »

Dr. Nidhi Jain Bukharia

General Practitioner, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How many episodes you had in the past? Why are you taking medication for the last 43 years? For more information consult a general practitioner online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-practitioner  Read Full »