Q. I have weight loss, increased hunger, thirst and frequent urination. What can it be?

Answered by Dr. Pratik Patil and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Diabetes or Weight Loss? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

Hello doctor,

I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost quite a bit of weight. I experience moodiness and I am often tired despite a good night's sleep. I brought these up with my doctor but she dismissed my concerns. What could be causing these symptoms?