Q. I have weight loss, increased hunger, thirst and frequent urination. What can it be?

Dr. Pratik Patil
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 14, 2017 and last reviewed on: Oct 25, 2019

Hello doctor,

I am a 19 year old female. My height is 5 feet and 6 inches, and my weight is 160. For the past month, I have been experiencing weight loss, increased hunger, increased thirst, and frequently need to go to the bathroom to pee out large amounts. My skin has become dry. I have also lost quite a bit of weight. I experience moodiness and I am often tired despite a good night's sleep. I brought these up with my doctor but she dismissed my concerns. What could be causing these symptoms?

#

• All of these symptoms, along with weight loss and dry skin point to diabetes.
  1. Polyphagia refers to excessive hunger or increased appetite.
  2. Polydipsia refers to increased thirst.
  3. Polyuria refers to increased urination.
  • .I suggest you screen yourself for blood sugar levels and thyroid profile. It is highly likely there will be abnormalities.

For more information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|