Q. What can be done to avoid porn addiction and masturbation?

Dr. Vandana Patidar

My problem is that I always think about porn, and very little things arouse me. I do not sleep until I masturbate. How to avoid it?

#

Sexual desire is controlled by hormones. During puberty, early and late teens, an enormous amount of sex hormone start producing which causes these excessive desires. Masturbation is a healthy and normal practice. If you do it once a day then it is absolutely normal. But yes, indulging too much into it causes waste of time and create a hindrance to your academic life and career. Keep yourself busy in other productive things. Do not be alone. Try to be in the company of friends. Set a goal work towards it sincerely.

| 

Is sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex a permanent damage?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a very sore penis from excessive masturbation and vigorous sex. The shaft of the penis seems to be less firm that it was in the skin and appears to be stretched out near the head of the penis. There is no pain but mild soreness. There is some soreness if I try to play with it. ...  Read Full »

How can I stop or reduce the frequency of masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old male. I have a habit of masturbation for about nine years. Now, it became a habit in me. I have started doing it compulsively for about five to six years. I masturbate as frequently as thrice a day every day. Now, my head is programmed to wank at any time when I am alon...  Read Full »

What will be your advice for excessive masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am writing on behalf of my friend. He is having a little bit of pain during urination. He also gets semen along with urine. He told me that it might be because of his excessive masturbation. So, he needs your help. Thanks in advance.  Read Full »

I get twitches on my calves, shoulders, and head after getting the Novavax COVID vaccine. Please help.
Hello doctor, I got the Novavax COVID vaccine. Since I had the vaccine, I had bad arm pain. But the scary thing that ha...  Read more»
It hurts when I push above my left breast bone. Please help.
Hi doctor, I have been having some chest pain issues. When I push above my left breast bone it hurts in only one spot. ...  Read more»
Bird Flu (Avian Influenza) - Causes, Symptoms, Mortality Rate, and Treatment
Bird flu or avian influenza is a viral infection that spreads among birds and can affect humans rarely. Read the article...  Read more»