Porn Addiction

How do I overcome porn addiction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am watching porn videos for the past two years. I used to watch it once in a week and now it has become addiction. My mind wants to see it. I masturbate along watching porn videos. My reading concentration is now weak . I want to get rid of watching porn videos . Friends also watch, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going though your history, it is apparent that you are suffering from porn addiction. To overcome this, you can follow some techniques. Any addiction gives pleasure by increasing dopamine levels in the pleasure centers of your brain. You need to find some healt...  Read Full »

Are panic attacks and intrusive thoughts symptoms of porn addiction withdrawal?

Query: Hi, Kindly help me out I am a psychiatric patient diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder who is on 1. Fluoxamine 150 mg 2. Risperidone 1 mg 3. Clonazepam 0.5 mg I use to watch porn most of the times in a day for about 18 years . I left it recently about 15 days ago and not feeli...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from psychiatrist. if you are suffering from anxiety disorder than why do you take tablet risperidone? tablet riaperidone is antipsychotic and mainly use for psychotic symptoms.if you have not any psychotic symptoms than you can stop it. you have watched porn for a years t...  Read Full »

Can quitting masturbation affect my health?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration. Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate. It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself sh...  Read Full »

My porn movie addiction makes my ejection earlier during masturbation. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and a virgin. I used to watch too much porn movies two to three years back because of issues in personal life. I had watched it before that also but once or twice a week. After my breakup, I was totally depressed and shattered. A friend of mine deliberately forced me to...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are contributing porn watching and masturbation to your back pain. Masturbation is a healthy way of satisfying your sexual desires and you can masturbate weekly twice or thrice. Anything in excess is not good. It will not affect your sex life or general health. By...  Read Full »

I have intrusive, blasphemous thoughts after porn addiction withdrawal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have intrusive thoughts, blasphemous thoughts that keeps returning to my head. In the past I had porn addiction, and the day I forced myself to stop, I began having those thoughts. I already had OCD symptoms when younger but more subtle. I suspect I have some low serotonine so I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with interest. As you had OCD in childhood and anxiety disorder and taking St John's wort, Omega 3 , Magnesium and Vitamins (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start SSRI group of drug (Fluvoxamine or Fluoxetine ...  Read Full »

I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic at...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety: Yoga and medita...  Read Full »

Why does my penis go flaccid right before ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had a minor bike accident four years back. A couple of days later, I realized that I was not getting erections. I consulted a urologist and was diagnosed with ED and was administered medicine (in sachets) to be emptied into a glass of water and consumed. That brought back interest in...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Relax and do not worry. If possible, please send me color doppler report. Also, do you watch porn or addicted to porn? If your penis doppler test is normal, then the cause is psychological may be due to excessive stress or porn induced erection problems. I see many c...  Read Full »

I am addicted to watching porn, and masturbation. How to control it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am addicted to watching porn, and I masturbate three times a day in the past 10 days. How to control me? And I got rashes on the backside of the body for the last three years.  Read Full »

Dr. Pankaj Mittal

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your query very well. I want to say that watching any video, whether it is sex video or non-sex video for a long period, will have a negative impact on your physique and. Negative impacts can be in the form of a decrease in your vision, mood and behavior...  Read Full »

How to overcome sexual attraction towards my mother?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 22 years old male. I feel sexually attracted to my own mother. I had some mild feelings since childhood, but it became strong since teenage. I started feeling to be loved by mom as her son and sexually too. I sometimes feel guilty about it. But, I could not control myself. I saw my...  Read Full »

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your problem. Sexual feelings in an adult towards a female are considered as normal and acceptable. But, such feelings towards any female with blood relationship are not acceptable in any society and this result in significant blow to reputation and...  Read Full »

Can excessive masturbation cause low sexual drive?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 32, male. There is a huge problem regarding my sex drive. I do not have till now found the root cause of low sex drive but I feel it is due to masturbation and porn. I used to masturbate from 15 years of age but from the last six months, I am watching porn like daily and masturba...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Masturbation is normal. It does not cause physical problems or sexual problems. Also, do not give any importance to the advertisement that mentions that masturbation cause health problems or destroys life, and masturbation does not require any treatment. Your problem can ...  Read Full »