Porn Addiction

Are panic attacks and intrusive thoughts symptoms of porn addiction withdrawal?

Query: Hi doctor,I am a psychiatric patient diagnosed with generalized anxiety disorder. I am taking Fluoxamine 150 mg, Risperidone 1 mg and Clonazepam 0.5 mg. I am watching porn for 18 years. Recently I stopped it 15 days back and after that, I am not feeling well. I am having panic attacks, crying a lot,...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.Please mention the reason for taking Risperidone. It is an antipsychotic used mainly for psychotic symptoms. If you do not have any psychotic symptoms, then you can stop taking them. You have watched porn for years and so you may have withdrawal symptoms. You need to chan...  Read Full »

How to quit porn addiction and masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from depression and porn addiction, and I am taking Prozac for depression. I want to quit my porn addiction and masturbation, but I cannot. It has been for years. Please help. I need to stop this, as it is making me more depressed.   Read Full »

Dr. Suresh Kumar G D

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician, Psychiatrist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, it is positive that you are insightful about your problem and actively seeking help to manage the difficulty. Next, it is important to remember that you will gradually get better with support. Watching porn compulsively is a type of behavioral addiction tha...  Read Full »

Is my erectile dysfunction due to stress or masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27 year old male. I have been masturbating while watching porn for a year now. Now I am experiencing erectile dysfunction. Also, the stiffness of the penis is not the same as before (maybe because I am not getting aroused as easily as before) but after stroking, I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Prashanth

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and the confusion in your mind. In the edit, you have mentioned that your erection is back and that is good to know and the current concern as you have mentioned is sex drive. My explanation to you is as follows: Watching porn and mas...  Read Full »

How can I control porn binging?

Query: Hello! This is a question about sex. I am 64 years old. I have been single pretty much all my life. I had a few relationships however, over the years. They were short-lived. Now, there is a lot I could add, but I will keep it brief. I am not sure if I am addicted to porn. I use it on average about...  Read Full »

Dr. Vishal Anilkumar Gandhi

Answer: thank you for taking help from a psychiatrist. I can understand your situation and I am sorry for the late reply. you may be forcing your self to keep abstinence, but when you get uncontrollable urges then there is binging of masturbation or porn. it is ok to have daily masturbation or sex, it is a...  Read Full »

How to get rid of porn addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a habit of watching porn. I want to get rid of this, but I could not. Watching porn has become a part of my life. How to get rid of this?  Read Full »

Dr. Parth Singh

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Nowadays, watching porn is considered to be a normal behavior in youngsters. But, you are a bit younger for watching porn. Porn presents untrue and unrealistic things about sexual relationship. Until you are grown up and can understand that chemistry, porn will only misgu...  Read Full »

How do I overcome porn addiction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am watching porn videos for the past two years. I used to watch it once in a week and now it has become addiction. My mind wants to see it. I masturbate along watching porn videos. My reading concentration is now weak . I want to get rid of watching porn videos . Friends also watch, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going though your history, it is apparent that you are suffering from porn addiction. To overcome this, you can follow some techniques. Any addiction gives pleasure by increasing dopamine levels in the pleasure centers of your brain. You need to find some healt...  Read Full »

Can quitting masturbation affect my health?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a student and unmarried. I decided to quit masturbation. But, sometimes I cannot control my thoughts and actions and watch pornographic content. When I full erection, I will realize that I decided to quit masturbation and somehow come out of it leaving my erection unattended. Erectio...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is normal to watch porn and masturbate. But, that depends upon the frequency and duration. Masturbating weekly twice is good for you. We get erection in so many occasions, but need not masturbate. It will not affect your sex life or erection. Getting erection itself sh...  Read Full »

My porn movie addiction makes my ejection earlier during masturbation. What should I do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 25 years old and a virgin. I used to watch too much porn movies two to three years back because of issues in personal life. I had watched it before that also but once or twice a week. After my breakup, I was totally depressed and shattered. A friend of mine deliberately forced me to...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are contributing porn watching and masturbation to your back pain. Masturbation is a healthy way of satisfying your sexual desires and you can masturbate weekly twice or thrice. Anything in excess is not good. It will not affect your sex life or general health. By...  Read Full »

I have intrusive, blasphemous thoughts after porn addiction withdrawal. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have intrusive thoughts, blasphemous thoughts that keeps returning to my head. In the past I had porn addiction, and the day I forced myself to stop, I began having those thoughts. I already had OCD symptoms when younger but more subtle. I suspect I have some low serotonine so I am ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query with interest. As you had OCD in childhood and anxiety disorder and taking St John's wort, Omega 3 , Magnesium and Vitamins (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You need to start SSRI group of drug (Fluvoxamine or Fluoxetine ...  Read Full »

I am having intense lightheadedness after quitting porn addiction. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male, age is 28 years, normal blood test results. After struggling with porn addiction for many years I decided to completely stop. However, everyday from 6 PM I have intense lightheadedness. I cannot go out, drink, go to the gym or be functional at night. I had sometimes panic at...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are suggestive of panic attacks. I agree with you on the fact that these could be withdrawal symptoms. For this reason, I would recommend trying natural ways to relieve your anxiety: Yoga and medita...  Read Full »