Post-void Urinary Dribbling

Kindly tell me ways to overcome pain while urinating.

Query: Hi doctor, I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc. As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder...  Read Full »

Is it normal to constrict your muscles to urinate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 53 years old with type 2 insulin dependent diabetes. For the past five years, my urine stream has become slow. As the stream is slow, I cannot stand and urinate. But, I feel that the bladder is empty after urination. In all scans the prostate is normal including the latest one. I...  Read Full »

Dr. Nageswara Rao

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would like to know few more details to help you in a better way. Do you have any stress incontinence? Is there involuntary dribbling of urine when coughing? Do you have any urgency that is unable to control passing urine once you got the thought of passing urine? Do yo...  Read Full »

I am facing problem with leakage of urine. Is there any medicine to help?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old. I have been to the urologist and had a cystoscopy because I was having problems with leakage of urine after I pee and urgency. The doctor said my prostate was slightly larger than normal and gave me some medicines. Those medicines did not help with the symptoms, and he ...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. How much urine do you leak after urination? How many times you get up at night to urinate? How is the flow? Your cystoscopy looks to be normal (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Please get an ultrasound pre and post-void volumes, a bladder diary with the r...  Read Full »

My urethral opening is red and lumpy. Is it herpes or warts?

Query: Hi doctor, From the last three months, my urethral opening is a little swollen. The inside of the opening seems to be red and lumpy. I seem to be leaking a lot of urine after urinating. My urine also has some kind of clear floating object on top. I am scared if this is herpes or warts or HPV. My fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Devendra

Urologist

Answer: Hi,Welcome to icliniq.com.From the photos (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your glans seem to be having an area of visible veins, and it does not look like wart or herpes. Also, it has no surrounding inflammation. The meatus looks perfectly normal. The normal color inside the meatus...  Read Full »

My 7 year old son always gets a few drops of urine on his pants. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I would like to consult about my son, who has got a urinary problem: He is 7 years old. He got circumcised when he was about 1 year of age. It has been almost a year when we observed that he always get a few drops on his pants. It is just a drop of urine or few, but very smelly. For your ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raja Ramesh

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is a possibility that your son may be suffering from meatal stenosis, a commonly known complication of circumcision. Urinary dribbling around the glans can occur post circumcision. It might be the reason for soakage of undergarments with a foul smell. Proper cle...  Read Full »