Q. How to overcome pain while urinating?

Dr. Vivekanandan G
This is a premium question & answer published on Oct 01, 2016 and last reviewed on: Sep 15, 2020

I am not sure exactly when I started having a split stream urination problem, but I really worried about it recently. I mean, it never really used to bother me besides the occasional mess and I used to think it was more a result of tight underwear or something. My urine basically splits into two streams. In terms of how strong or steady the flow is, it seems normal, just right to get it into the urinal. There are also times that I have difficulty. When I mean difficulty, I mean 10 to 20 seconds of waiting at the very most. That is, some exertion needed to urinate, but this happens on occasion. When this happens, there is some discomfort in the perineum. After I finish, it drips a little. I was just wondering about the dribbling thing. What exactly does it mean? Sometimes, after going through several ejaculations, I do experience a bit of pain when I urinate in between.  Usually, the pain does not last too long and I have premature ejaculation too. Please help.

#

• Splaying of urinary stream does not always mean a problem, but is important to rule out significant urinary tract pathology like urethral stricture, bladder neck dyssynergia, etc.
  • As an initial evaluation, you can get an ultrasound KUB (kidney, ureters and urinary bladder) with post-void residual urine done.
  • You can also get a uroflometry, which will show the pattern of urination. If both these investigations are reported abnormal, then you may need an ascending urethrogram to rule out urethral stricture.
  • Regarding, post-void dribbling, it could also mean there is some impediment to urinary stream, which can be diagnosed by the above mentioned modalities.

Revert back with the reports to a urologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

|