Q. My partner bled heavily after 3 years of menopause. What to do?

Answered by Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.

Do you have a question on Postmenopausal Period. or Endometrial Cancer? We have medical experts to help you right away. Ask a Doctor Now »

This is on behalf of my partner. She is 51 and has been through the menopause. She has not had a period in 3 years. Last week, she bled quite heavy for a few days. A duty doctor told her to get a blood test done. She had the blood test done today. My partner did not tell the family history of cervical cancer in her mother to the duty doctor on the phone or to the person taking her bloods today. My question is, is the blood testing enough to rule out anything serious? Or should she see a doctor for an internal examination?