Preeclampsia

I had preeclampsia during my first pregnancy. Will I have it again in my second pregnancy?

Query: Hi, I am a 29-year-old mother with a 1.5-year-old child. I faced pre-eclampsia during my first delivery, and recently I got to know that I am three months pregnant. I am confused about whether I would face the same condition during my second pregnancy. My gynecologist said there are chances for pre-...  Read Full »

Dr. Ridhi Narang

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concern. Pre-eclampsia is more common in the first pregnancy, but once you have it in the first pregnancy, it increases the chances of having it in the second pregnancy. I suggest you get one Doppler ultrasound in the first trimester...  Read Full »

What is the chance of preeclampsia causing CKD in future?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. I had preeclampsia with both pregnancies as well as kidney infections during pregnancy. I have a history of UTI's as well. My creatinine was up to 1.67 in all of my kidney infections. Few months back, I had a partial hysterectomy in which my left ureter was ...  Read Full »

Dr. Penchilaprasad Kandikattu

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In preeclampsia or eclampsia, patients may present with albuminuria. This may lead to progress to chronic kidney disease. Your urine examination report also showing plenty of RBC (red blood corpuscles). But not mentioned what is RBC morphology in microscopy? In case ...  Read Full »