Pregnancy Scare

Can you get pregnant from precum?

Query: Hi doctor, A girl is having a PCOS problem. She had unprotected sex, but there was no ejaculation. Since she was scared of getting pregnant due to the precum, she took Unwanted 72 within four hours of unprotected sex. It has been 14 days since she had not got her periods. She is getting symptoms of...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing, and I understand your concern. The chances of pregnancy are less, as you mentioned that the partner does not ejaculate inside her. And as she took the pill, there are no chances of pregnancy. For a delayed menstrual cycle, the reason can be PCOD ...  Read Full »

Is there any possibility of pregnancy due to sex on the fifth day of the period?

Query: Hi doctor,My girlfriend and I had sex last month, and it was her fifth day of the period. The next day she took I-pill, and after five days, there was bleeding again. Are there any chances of pregnancy?  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your query. As your girlfriend was on her day five and took I-pill (synthetic Levonorgestrel) the next day, there is extremely little chance of pregnancy. So do not worry. Spotting or bleeding after I-pill intake, delayed menses are common side effects of...  Read Full »

Can I get pregnant even after taking an I-pill within one hour after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I had unprotected sex ten days back, and I took I-pill within one hour after intercourse to avoid pregnancy. My last period was 15 days before the intercourse. Six days after the intercourse, I got light bleeding, which is dark brownish, but today it has slightly increased with red blood...  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Emergency contraceptive pills are hormonal contraceptive pills that interfere with regular periods by inhibiting ovulation and can irregulate periods or can give withdrawal bleed within two weeks of the period. This bleeding is in response to I-pill (Levonorgestrel) that ...  Read Full »

Why do I get my periods twice this month?

Query: Hi doctor, I am an 18-years-old female. I had my period twice this month, and I have been having uncomfortable feelings on my lower left abdomen. There is blood again, so this is the third time I have had blood, and it is not the time for my period yet. I have had a history of hormonal imbalance, ...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika Joshi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I fully understand your concern and will surely help you. See you have irregular periods, and there can be one of the several reasons for the same like hormonal imbalance, stress, weight gain or loss, polycystic ovarian syndrome, etc. Coming to them one by one: See, as y...  Read Full »

Can a woman who took Unwanted 72 pill within three hours of intercourse become pregnant?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex with my wife 25 days back. It was the tenth day of her period, and her menstrual cycle is 29 days cycle. She took an Unwanted 72 pill within three hours of intercourse. After nine days withdrawal bleeding started. And it lasts for three to four days. Today is the 15 th day; we ...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyadarshini Tripathy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for reaching out. As the urine pregnancy test is negative, and she had withdrawal bleeding, there is no chance of pregnancy. I hope this helps. It was my pleasure to help you with the medical query, and I would be happy to help you in the future.  Read Full »

Can you miss a period and not necessarily be pregnant?

Query: My periods are irregular since 5 months. I had unprotected intercourse then i had taken ipill. After 6 days, I got a normal bleeding for 5 days. Then I had intercourse protected but even after 38 days i do not get my periods so i checked for serum beta hcg levels it was normal means negative so then...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern. Let me give you some advise regarding contraception first . Always remember to use a barrier like condom during intercourse as it not only prevents pregnancy but also prevents against STD’s. In case you have unprotected intercourse , ...  Read Full »

Why is my period late even after taking I-pill immediately after sex?

Query: I had sex on 7th day of my periods and took ipill immediately bt i dint bleed as per the side effects of ipill as well my periods are delayed and when i took the test it is negetive what shuld i do  Read Full »

Dr. Artur Holubka

General Practitioner, Family Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello! If we talk about the menstrual cycle, then the beginning of the follicular phase of the ovary or the menstrual phase of the uterus is the first day of menstruation. The duration of the follicular phase, during which the final maturation of the dominant follicle occurs, is individual for ea...  Read Full »

Are there any chances of pregnancy for sex with no penetration?

Query: Hi doctor, I had sex (foreplay and no penetration) seven months back. After that, I did six pregnancy tests. The last test was done two months before, which is negative. But for the past six months, I am getting light periods with two days flow. I am worried. Please help me. Is there any chance of p...  Read Full »

Dr. Deepti Katarya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I want to know the complete history of your periods. The number of pads required, amount of flow, and passage of clots, if any. Have you taken any emergency contraception? Is there any delay in periods?  Read Full »

Why is my period late?

Query: Hi doctor, My last period was 44 days back. My menstrual cycle is roughly 30 days, but I had protected sex last month. My period is already 14 days late. I have done two home pregnancy tests (around 37th day), and both were negative. I do have slight abdominal cramps. I have been having frequent he...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanjay Kumar Bhattacharyya

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have protected sex, how could you be pregnant? Moreover, the urine tests are negative, which tells about your nonpregnant status. Are you stressed or anxious? Yes, this might be a reason for the delayed cycle. There are 100 other causes of a delayed cycle apart f...  Read Full »

Why am I 13 days late?

Query: I am 21. I am now 13 days late. My periods are usually very consistent and start every 28-29 days. Just after my last period my partner and I had unprotected sex. The following morning I took the morning after pill, and the morning after that we had unprotected sex again. A few days later I experi...  Read Full »

Dr. Sanya Dhingra

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello. Greetings from icliniq. I understand your concern . I would like to tell you that after taking emergency contraceptives , it is possible that your periods may be delayed and irregular . Slight bleeding as you mentioned is also possible . Also the urine pregnancy test is negative , so i woul...  Read Full »