Common "Pregnancy Scare" queries answered by top doctors | iCliniq

Pregnancy Scare

Unintentional, unwanted, or unplanned conception or pregnancy signs due to unprotected sex and defective contraceptive products or methods lead to pregnancy scares in women. Signs like missed period post sexual intercourse usually makes them anxious. While most of them get checked themselves through an over-the-counter home pregnancy test, at times, these tests are known to show false-positive results, which further worsens their scare. Emergency contraceptive pills can be taken within few hours of sexual intercourse to prevent chances of pregnancy.