Q. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Is it curable?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
Published on Jul 03, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I ejaculate within 20 seconds of penetration. Is it curable? Suggest me some medicines for the same.

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Premature ejaculation is a common condition which affects men. If you are perfectly healthy without any medical conditions such as type-2 diabetes mellitus or hypertension, you can easily overcome your problem.

Mostly, it is due to anxiety. I advise you to get rid of any anxiety which can affect your performance. Talk to your spouse, so that she understands your problem. Be more relaxed during the intercourse.

There are some climax-delay condoms available, which you can try. Also, start taking tablet Cobadex CZS (vitamin supplement) and vitamin E capsules.

What Is Premature Ejaculation?

Article Overview: A huge percentage of young men ejaculate within a few seconds or with minimal strokes during sexual intercourse. It is very stressful for both partners when this happens, and it can even lead to marital disharmony and discord. This is the most common male sexual problem. Fortunately, it can be overcome and even treated. Read Article

Dr. Poosha Darbha
Sexologist

Premature ejaculation (rapid climax within seconds) is common. It is natural in people with an overly sensitive penis, but it is distressing and disappointing for the couple. To overcome the problem naturally, one needs to understand how exactly it happens and learn how to stop it. It is somewhat li...  Read Article

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Hypertension - How Aware Are You?

Article Overview: This simple quiz tests your knowledge and teaches you hypertension facts. Read Article

Dr. Saumya Mittal

Please check the answer key and get to know how much you know about hypertension based on your score. 0-3: You need to learn more 3-6: A little more knowledge is good for health > 6: Keep updating yourself Question 1: Hypertensive patients should avoid exercise a) True b) False Answer:...  Read Article

Ask a Sexologist Now