Premature Ejaculation

When a man reaches orgasm and ejaculates sooner than wanted, it is known as premature ejaculation. It is a form of sexual dysfunction and affects the quality of a man's sex life. Performance-related anxiety, stress, depression, thyroid disorder, prostate diseases, and diabetes are few causes.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by Verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

How to stop nightfall due to excessive masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25-year old male. My problem is excess night fall as I am masturbating since around the age of 13-14. Now I ejaculate within 30 seconds and I am scared of marrying now thinking of failure on the bed. So please tell me what to do? And the physical health of my penis is not as I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to As per your history, you are suffering from chronic masturbation. Nowadays, masturbation is very common in the younger generation. If you masturbate two times a week it is normal. But if you do frequently it is bad for your health. How to stop the addiction of masturbatio...  Read Full »

Will long term Crohn's disease result in ED and PE?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 29-year-old male and I am diagnosed with Crohn's Disease before 11 years and was taking Immuran 150 mg/day, and diagnosed with Streptococcus after semen culture at the beginning of this year. My main concern is ED and PE but the testosterone level is within the normal range. I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Gokul Vignesh Kandaswamy


Answer: Hello, Welcome to You have mentioned ED (erectile dysfunction) and PE (premature ejaculation). No details of medications tried so far. Can you elaborate on this? Testosterone only indicates sexual drive, which you have not mentioned as a problem. So that being normal rules out nothi...  Read Full »

Will counseling help in solving my premature ejaculation problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 25 years old. I suffer from premature ejaculation. I have always had it in the sense if I am aroused, I ejaculate within the first 20 to 30 seconds and if I am not aroused, it can take longer, but still less than two minutes. It feels like I am always forcing myself to ejaculate,...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have erectile dysfunction. In this situation, I suggest you Avanafil medication. Moreover, counseling also helpful for premature ejaculation. I recommend you do testosterone therapy (TRT). Avoid alcohol...  Read Full »

Why does my erection not last longer?

Query: Hi doctor, I was not sexually active for the last one year, but recently I resumed my sexual life. I am not able to maintain my erection during sex (although I am able to achieve it, but it is not that hard). I never faced this issue before and was not sure what is causing this problem. I am 30 yea...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Kansal

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Before moving directly to any treatment follow the advice as given below. You are indeed developing the signs of ED (erectile dysfunction) and PME (premature ejaculation). We may need the reports of the following tests to rule out physical causes of erectile dysfunctio...  Read Full »

How to get rid of frequent urination?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 27 year old unmarried male. Approximately six to seven years back, I had a urinary infection. I was told to take an antibiotic course, which I did not complete at that time. The infection was not fully cured and it used to come and go. During urination, I sometimes used to have one...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Stop worrying about the problems, which you are experiencing are aggravated by stress. It is not a dangerous problem and can be solved. Your previous urine infection does not necessarily play a role in what you have today. Drink only as much liquid as you feel like. Exces...  Read Full »

What causes early ejaculation within a minute?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 30 years old. I am facing premature ejaculation and my ejaculation time is less than one minute. Please help. I am currently taking Prodep capsules daily.  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh Pandey

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Do not worry. It is completely curable. You need to send me a detailed history of your condition including the onset and progression, dietary habits, and addiction. Then we can proceed with your treatment. And please stop Prodep (Fluoxetine), because it will do more ha...  Read Full »

Is there any surgical treatment available for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering from premature ejaculation for last five years. Treatment is going on but no effect. My age is 47 years. Any injection is available for premature ejaculation suffering from the last five years? I am taking tablet Duralast-30 sos. But the result is very poor. No sugar o...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Premature ejaculation is defined as ejaculation with minimal sexual stimulation, before the patient desires and before or within one minute of penetration. There are two major reasons for premature ejaculation. Frequently, performance anxiety could be a cause of pre...  Read Full »

I have low self-confidence with premature ejaculation. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I am male, 26 years old, sex insecure and low experienced, first trauma got 99 during bombing of Yugoslavia, had to get new urinal channel, and product of that is I am circumised. Later in school, I have been bullied for 4 years constantly, physical and mentally by my "school friends"...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija


Answer: Hello, Welcome to I am so sorry to hear about your situation, I can imagine how hard it is for you. So you are describing a few things here, when is the problem of premature ejaculation, second is performance anxiety which is making you overthink, third is low self confidence. Probably ...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic medicine for early ejaculation and to increase the size of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I wanted to ask which medicine I can take that does not have any side effects so that I do not discharge early as I have once taken Suhagra force which contains Dapoxetine. Is there any medicine for it without any side effects? And how often can I take it before intercourse?Secondly, I...  Read Full »

Dr. Praveen Pushkar

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to There is no medicine available to increase the size of the penis. But by cosmetic surgery, the size can be increased by one to two inches. Premature ejaculation is mostly psychological. First, you try to divert your self in between while having sex. If you are about...  Read Full »

I have erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation. How can I solve this?

Query: Hello doctor, I suffer from erectile dysfunction and also ejaculate even just with holding a women. How can I solve this problem? I am a healthy person who exercises regularly, is not over weight and my lab reports are also fine. I know I suffer from lack of libido but do not know how to handle it.  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to Your blood test are normal except low vitamin D and B12 (attachment remoed to protect patient identity). Erectile dysfunction and premature ejaculation can be due to many causes. If erectile dysfunction is more prominent then first try Sildenafil and if it is improvi...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours
Chat with a Doctor

Chat with a Doctor

Starting @ just $29.99

Search for a Health Issue


Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.