Q. I have premature ejaculation after getting circumcised. What to do?

Dr. Bharat Udey
Published on Jul 24, 2017

I had phimosis, so I got circumcised two years ago. But now, I have premature ejaculation after circumcision. I also have loss of sensation in my penis. Before circumcision, I enjoyed masturbating, but now I do not feel such enjoyment. What can I do? Was the decision to get circumcised wrong?

Dr. Bharat Udey

Geriatrics Psychiatry Sexology Sleep Medicine
#

• Circumcision has nothing to do with the loss of penile sensations or premature ejaculation. It is just that you are correlating two things together as an explanation for yourself. You cannot say that you have premature ejaculation while masturbating.
  • Premature ejaculation is defined only in terms of sexual intercourse, where while having intravaginal coitus, one ejaculates in less than 60 seconds with marked dissatisfaction from coitus to both partners and is persisting for a period of six months or more.
  • It is basically an anxiety spell that you have developed due to excessive worry that you are harboring regarding your sexual performance. I would advise you not to worry about same and calm yourself first. Rest will improve gradually.

For more information consult a sexologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

Generalized Anxiety Disorder(GAD)

Article Overview: A 35-year-old woman came to me with a chief complaint of muscle tension. She stated that she has experienced a considerable amount of muscle tension her entire life, but it has become increasingly worse over the last 12 months. Read Article

The above mentioned patient is suffering from Generalized Anxiety Disorder (GAD). GAD can be defined as anxiety and worry about several events and activities for a majority of the day. The anxiety and worry of GAD differs from normal anxiety by its excessiveness, the difficu...  Read Article

Will Masturbation cause Premature Ejaculation

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 32 year old unmarried male. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. I am masturbation from 13 years od age using sex toys. I am not lasting more than two minutes. I am taking antidepressants and doing squeeze technique. But, it does not help me. Kindly suggest medicine for prema...  Read Full »

Can Anxiety And Stress Cause Frequent Urination?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I had anxiety issues since childhood. I have been jumping from one idea to another for a long time but it has been three years I have an issue with frequent urination. It started in a bad time for me when I was obsessing that I have HIV. No burning, just sligh...  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now