Q. Premature ejaculation along with erection after the first orgasm. Is there any remedy?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta

I have PE problem and also facing issues with erection after the first orgasm. The second erection just does not happen till the next day or later. I need a remedy for this issue as I recently got married. Is Viagra, Penegra or Cialis the solution? Or should I take a natural remedy like VigRx Plus, Vimax etc? Where can I get the medicine? I also met a doctor and he suggested a 6 month treatment program. Shall I opt that?

Dr. Shilpi Rajnish Gupta

Homeopathy Nutritionist

• It is an adaptogenic herb which nourishes nerves and improves nerve function as well that helps your body adapt to stress, one of the most common causes of sexual problems.
  • Ashwagandha brings the body back to equilibrium by relaxing it when stressed and energizing it when fatigued. It has the ability to restore sexual drive, increase endurance and improve overall vitality, while promoting a Zen state of mind (calm mind).
  • Ashwagandha also strengthens the reproductive and respiratory system, while serving as a powerful Medhya Rasayana, which means that it enhances all aspects of an individual's mental prowess. All the parts of this plant are useful, but its roots are especially beneficial in the treatment of disorders of reproductive systems of men and women alike.
  • Practicing relaxation techniques or using distraction methods may help you delay ejaculation. For some men, stopping or cutting down on the use of alcohol, tobacco, or illegal drugs may improve their ability to control ejaculation.
  • I may recommend that you and your partner practice specific techniques to help delay ejaculation. These techniques may involve identifying and controlling the sensations that lead up to ejaculation and communicating to slow or stop stimulation.
  • Other options include using a condom to reduce sensation to the penis or trying a different position (such as lying on your back) during intercourse.
  • Certain antidepressant medicines called selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) such as Fluoxetine (Prozac), Paroxetine (Paxil), and Sertraline (Zoloft) are sometimes used to treat premature ejaculation.
  • These medicines are used because a side effect of SSRIs is inhibited orgasm, which helps delay ejaculation. The use of SSRIs for the treatment of premature ejaculation is not related to depression and is considered an off-label use.

For further information consult a homeopathic physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/homeopathic-physician

Can I use Ashwagandha or Shilajit for fatigue caused by masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, Earlier in my life I had the problem of over-masturbation. This was related to my mental depression as well. However, I have recovered from the habit of over-masturbation. But, still I masturbate once in four days. This causes fatigue, back pain and leg pain. Can I use supplements such as...  Read Full >>

Dr. Niveditha Srinivasamurthy

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, you can certainly go for ayurveda supplements. Masturbating once in four days is not abnormal. You are probably low on essential vitamins and that is causing the body pain. I would not recommend Shilajit. It is to be taken under strict medical supervision only. Go fo...  Read Full

I am suffering from premature ejaculation.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I am not yet married. I am suffering from premature ejaculation. Erection occurs within seconds and soon after that I ejaculate. Please help.  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You say that erection occurs within seconds followed by fast ejaculation. Premature Ejaculation (PE) is very common and is usually not associated with any disease. However it is sometimes associated with infection of male accessory glands, which is treatable. You can lear...  Read Full

How does severe endometriosis affect pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor,My wife has severe endometriosis as well as several other pre-existing conditions. She was recently approved for Zoladex to treat the endometriosis. She is supposed to have her first injection in the next few days. Today we were in the emergency room. She was slightly tachycardic as wel...  Read Full >>

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Her menstrual, obstetrics, gynecological, medical, surgical, and drug history also should be described here to make things more clear. Her MRI or ultrasound report would be helpful for me to explain better. Zoladex is Goserelin acetate, that is, luteinizing hormone ...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now