Prostatitis

What is the reason for frequent urination in a non-diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am urinating in every five minutes interval of time daily. This problem does not occur for about ten days in a month. Why the frequency of urine increases though I do not drink excess water. Sometimes in the night, there is a burning sensation. I have the feeling to urinate, but whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can occur due to stress or due to prostate gland swelling. Since it is occurring only some days of a month, stress is the more likely cause. You can share your uroflow and other reports here. If you have done urine routine tests, RBS (random blood sugar), and...  Read Full »

Why am I urinating frequently after ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male, single, with Familial Mediterranean fever, and recently under the supervision of a liver doctor. My symptoms which start after ejaculation are: 1. Frequent urination. 2. Discomfort and pain between the abdomen and thighs. 3. Some times pain in the thighs a...  Read Full »

Dr. Haluk K Ulaksizoglu

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you describe is a combination of symptoms that may or may not be related to each other. The pain, urination, and ejaculation problems, as well as the sensations you feel at the penis area, points to what we call non-bacterial prostatitis or Prostatodynia syndrom...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to ...  Read Full »

Is PAP test valid for screening prostatitis symptoms?

Query: Hi doctor, I asked my doctor to do PSA test. The PSA came back normal at 1.0 ng/mL. However, he also did prostatic acid phosphatase test which was high at 4.5 ng/mL. My question is whether prostatic acid phosphatase test is valid for screening or not? Should I need to do these tests again? I had pr...  Read Full »

Dr. Karthik Rajan

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. Prostatic acid phosphatase (PAP) has been replaced by PSA (prostate-specific antigen test). It is better in the detection of prostate cancer compared to PAP. The elevation of PAP levels alone is not a cause for concern. I hope your treating...  Read Full »

What are the chances of HIV transmission through oral sex?

Query: Hi doctor, 27 days ago I had protected sex with a girl, whom I knew only for 5 days and it was the first time. Also, we had oral sex also. During oral sex, I had no protection. Next day I started having pain on my testicles and my stomach. I was feeling weak the whole time, and after a week I gave ...  Read Full »

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, HIV AIDS Specialist, Plastic Surgeon, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequency of sex has nothing to do with E. coli bacteria (Escherichia coli). Prostatitis is very resistant to treat, so it is not necessary that if you have taken treatment, it will not recur. Sometimes, you have to take 4 to 6 months of treatment for prostatitis. This ...  Read Full »

Can outcome of HIV test be affected by taking antibiotics?

Query: Hi doctor, I had HIV test after 40 days of sex and it is negative. I am taking antibiotics from the last 1 month for my symptoms. Would that have affected the outcome of the test? For what symptoms should I consult a doctor? How much percentage does this test stand to be negative until 90 days?  Read Full »

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As I am not aware of your previous history. Please explain your problem in detail.  Read Full »

Can taking Levofloxacin for prostatitis cause permanent muscular and CNS effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29-year-old male. I have been complaining of symptoms of prostatitis for seven years with LUTS, fatigue, and pain as the main symptoms. The EPS shows more than 10 WBC per HPF and urine and prostatic cultures are negative. Semen culture was done twice in the last six months with th...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from chronic prostatitis. It is very difficult to treat. Ideally, prostatic massage and EPS or semen culture must be done. But, if you have an improvement with Levofloxacin, then you can take it. The side effects are if you take it for a very long d...  Read Full »

Can STD be the cause of discomfort in urethra after intercourse?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having a weird feeling and discomfort around the opening of my penis for several months now. I have got both UTI and STD urine test done but everything came up negative. The discomfort lessened considerably a week or two, after which it is still around. I went again for another UTI a...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yours is one of the most common problems which I see in my outdoor department every day. It has different terminology amongst different clinicians such as urethritis, prostatitis, chronic pelvic pain syndrome, etc. Probable reasons are some irritation of nerves around th...  Read Full »

I have forceful urination with itching and burning in penis, urethra and anus. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am 32 years old and suffering from forceful urination and urine direction is towards the left side. I do have itching, burning feeling in urethra, anus, and penis. I have been prescribed Afzoo, Kcit and Cranpac D. That does not seem to be working. I think my symptoms match with urethri...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms suggest either prostatitis or urethritis. We also need to rule out stricture of the urethra. Please share your urine and ultrasound reports. Also get a uroflow test done. A urine culture should be sent if not done till now. What is the duration of symptoms...  Read Full »

Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

Query: Hello doctor, I have enlarged prostate and some lesion on the prostate. The report has been¬†attached. For the past four years, I have been suffering from urinary tract infections and kidney stones and my life is very much disturbed. I am attaching the files of my reports and the medicines which I a...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to be examined clinically with per rectal examination. If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it. Did you undergo uroflow test as suggested? It shows whether your urine flow is obstructed or not. Your PSA (prostate-...  Read Full »