Prostatitis

Why do I get recurrent urethritis with increased urinary frequency and discomfort?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had the following symptoms every few months for a long time now. Frequent urination, burning in perineum area, and discomfort after urination. I have been treated for general urethritis three times in the last year. I do not have any STDs as I have been tested. These sympto...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It can be prostatitis. Do you have a history of unprotected sex with a new partner before the start of symptoms? Is ultrasound abdomen has been done before? Kindly attach reports. Any report on urine culture? You mentioned that you have been treated thrice, which antib...  Read Full »

Is it normal for the color of semen to differ?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 25 year old male. I have been dealing with erectile dysfunction for nearly three years now. My sex drives do come and go, but it is based on the quality of my semen comes out. Sometimes, I have a good sex drive along with a good hard and my semen will come out rich white and a norm...  Read Full »

Dr. Radhakrishnan Nair B

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your descriptions are absolutely right. The semen looks different at times depending upon how frequently you masturbate. If you masturbate weekly twice, then it will be white and once in 10 days it may be yellowish. In addition, I have a feeling that you are having epidid...  Read Full »

Why do I get pain in prostate after ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor, This is a bit of an awkward question for me as I have never talked about it before, but I have been worrying about the condition of my prostate. If I masturbate, or just ejaculate for that matter, I get a very harsh pain more than once in about 24 hours period which I believe to be in m...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand that painful ejaculation both during masturbation or intercourse is mostly due to infection or inflammation of the sexual tract such as seminal vesicle, prostate, urethra or with the use of certain drugs. Sometimes it can be due to psychologica...  Read Full »

Will taking Doxazosin and Meloxicam for prostatitis cause potential side effects?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 52-year-old man. My height is 6' 2" and I weigh about 215 lbs. I work out three times a week. I am typically healthy, although under a lot of stress in general. I drink more alcohol than I should, approximately three glasses of wine each night. I stay away from food and drinks w...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all your reports. (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I think you are in good shape except for the urine problem. Yes, your urologist has diagnosed you properly. There is no evidence of cancer prostate at present. It looks like prostatitis on...  Read Full »

Why do I have pain in my scrotum?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 48 years old male. I do not have diabetes or hypertension. I had on and off pain in the scrotum for two months. I felt better after I had a course of Doxycycline for seven days. But one day I ran to catch a bus and at that time I felt some pain. Again I am experiencing the on and...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Please let me know urine r/m (routine and microscopy) findings. If urine shows pus cells, kindly get a urine culture done. Please get a USG KUB and prostate (ultrasound of the urinary tract which includes kidney, ureter, urinary bladder and prostate) done if not ...  Read Full »

After sex, why do I have a burning sensation while urinating?

Query: Hello doctor, I have burning sensation while urinating and a frequent urge to urinate. Can it be due to sexual contact? I am a 22 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Vivekanandan G

Andrologist, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. These symptoms are classical of urinary tract infection, cystitis, prostatitis or urethritis. Yes, they can be acquired by sexual contact. Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done along with ultrasound abdomen, because stones in lower ureter can cause these sym...  Read Full »

Does ejaculation without even penetration suggest prostatitis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old and I developed premature ejaculation out of nowhere around a year ago. Before that time I was the complete opposite. It used to take me too long then, I thought something was wrong with me. Now I can barely last three minutes. And it is weird because sometimes I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Aman Gupta

Urologist, Andrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First and foremost thing do not panic. That is the most damaging thing in your problems. Prostatitis generally does not cause premature ejaculation. Sometimes premature ejaculation can develop in case the frequency of intercourse is not much or because of stress. Sy...  Read Full »

What is the reason for frequent urination in a non-diabetic patient?

Query: Hello doctor, I am urinating in every five minutes interval of time daily. This problem does not occur for about ten days in a month. Why the frequency of urine increases though I do not drink excess water. Sometimes in the night, there is a burning sensation. I have the feeling to urinate, but whe...  Read Full »

Dr. Saurabh S Pandya

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can occur due to stress or due to prostate gland swelling. Since it is occurring only some days of a month, stress is the more likely cause. You can share your uroflow and other reports here. If you have done urine routine tests, RBS (random blood sugar), and...  Read Full »

Why am I urinating frequently after ejaculation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 35-year-old male, single, with Familial Mediterranean fever, and recently under the supervision of a liver doctor. My symptoms which start after ejaculation are: 1. Frequent urination. 2. Discomfort and pain between the abdomen and thighs. 3. Some times pain in the thighs a...  Read Full »

Dr. Haluk K Ulaksizoglu

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. What you describe is a combination of symptoms that may or may not be related to each other. The pain, urination, and ejaculation problems, as well as the sensations you feel at the penis area, points to what we call non-bacterial prostatitis or Prostatodynia syndrom...  Read Full »

Can chronic constipation cause prostatitis?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 27 years old. I have been suffering from bladder and lower back pain for about six months now. I have been to the doctor several times and each time the test was negative for infection. I used to get relief from symptoms once I take the antibiotics, but the pain will recur. I do no...  Read Full »

Dr. Gopinath

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you suspect the symptoms might be due to chronic prostatitis or a similar entity chronic prostatic pain syndrome. It needs a per rectal examination. Per rectal examination is not that painful as you suspect. Urine culture after a per rectal examination will turn to ...  Read Full »