Prostatitis

Does prostatitis cause burning sensation?

Query: Hello doctor, I had unprotected sex with one girl at the end of the previous year (she is known to me). Then, three months ago, I had protective sex with another girl with a protective condom. But oral sex was done without a condom. Then I knew the previous girl has HSV 2 (herpes simplex virus), th...  Read Full »

Dr. Samer S J Altawil

Urologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.Herpes simplex 1 symptoms persist, and the diagnosis is prostatitis. You need semen for culture to check what type of bacteria is infecting your prostate, then antibiotics for six weeks for that specific type of bacteria. That is best to be done as the prostate infection...  Read Full »

Why am I experiencing a constant burning sensation in my urethra throughout the day?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male. For the past 2 to 3 months, I have been experiencing a constant burning sensation in my urethra throughout the day, especially when I urinate. About six weeks into the symptoms, I went to my general physician and had my urine tested. My white blood cell count ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhav

Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms can be related to prostate inflammation, called prostatitis. Sometimes in this condition, urine examination reports are normal. But symptoms of burning in the urethra, pain in the lower back, or perineum happens. You will need to meet a urologist for a pro...  Read Full »

Why is there a black mass on my penile shaft?

Query: Hi doctor,Halfway down my penile shaft, I seem to have a black mass. I can notice it only when my foreskin is pulled down. I have symptoms of prostatitis and urethritis for two years. I have symptoms of dysuria, urine dribbling, inflamed meatus, constant urethral pain, prostatitis, epididymitis and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Raveendran Sr

Sexologist, Diabetologist, Andrologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. You have taken a lot of antibiotics to get cured. If it is a prostate infection, then it takes some time to get cured. If you have pain during ejaculation, then you need think of a bacterial infection. You have done some investigations for...  Read Full »

What should I do to help my painful erection?

Query: Hello doctor, For a few days, I had a painful erection on the right side only. Pain seems to get worse if the penis is pushed in towards the pelvis. No trauma or bend nor has the penis ever had a bend, no bruising noticeable, and no kegel pain. A urinalysis came back clean at GP. When flaccid, it c...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubayeralam

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Pulmonologist, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a painful erection on the right only for the last few days. Pain is aggravated while the penis is pushing towards the pelvis. Such a painful erection may result from blood flo...  Read Full »

Why do I mild testicular and back pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 19 years old with a weight of 83 kilograms and a height of six feet. I have mild testicular pain with mild back pain. It is not constant throughout the day. It is all of a sudden and I have this pain for three days.   Read Full »

Dr. Alexander Davis, Md

General Practitioner, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This type of discomfort occurs in young men. It can occur due to unsatisfying masturbation or due to episodes of sterile prostatitis. These symptoms rarely occur in testicular cancer. This is very unlikely and young men are at higher risk and it is completely curable in...  Read Full »

What does white penile discharge and pain during urination and erection indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 21-year-old male and not sexually active for three months. I am experiencing cloudy white discharge from the penis. The other symptoms are pain during urination and slight pain with erection. I have these symptoms two weeks ago after masturbation. I used an AZO test to find an ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This can be prostatitis, which is quite common in the younger age group. You need to get: 1. Ultrasound abdomen with PVRU (post-void residual urine). 2. Semen culture. 3. Urine culture. Meanwhile start 1. Tablet Levoflox (levofloxacin) 500 mg HS for fiv...  Read Full »

What causes a painful lumpy vein on the side of penis?

Query: Hello doctor, I had sex with a partner last year who probably had herpes. I applied lots of soap because I panicked. I had a lumpy vein on the right side of my penis, which also ran under the base of the right side of the penis, and it is painful. This vein became swollen a year before that when I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Yousef Abbas

Andrologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am so sorry that you are suffering from such an unpleasant disorder. However, after having read your description and the medical data sent (attachment removed to protect patient identity), I came to the conclusion, that Mondor's disease might be a part of the probl...  Read Full »

Do I need ICIS for IVF?

Query: Hi doctor, I have recently had a semen analysis in anticipation of doing IVF with my wife. The two parameters showed up as low are the percentage of normal morphology and motility index. I will attach the semen analysis results along with this query. My questions are the following. Am I considered s...  Read Full »

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Obstetrician And Gynaecologist, Sexologist, Andrologist, Infertility Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your total motility is normal and the morphology is low. To improve normal morphology, please stay away from heat, chemical, smoking, alcohol and cold compress the testes daily for five minutes. My advice is to take vitamins C, E, B complex, folic acid, zinc and eat more ...  Read Full »

How to get rid of my severe testicular pain?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 33-year-old male. My symptoms are testicular pain and tenderness, pain in the groin's left side, sometimes pain in the bladder at the base of the penis. I am feeling like I still need to urinate after passing urine. Previous medications: Nitrofurantoin, Doxycycline, Co-Amoxicl...  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Jairath

Urologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be epididymo-orchitis plus prostatitis. It would be best if you started the following: Take tablet Levofloxacin 500 mg HS for four weeks, Chymoral forte 1-0-1 for four weeks, Septra DS (Trimethoprim and Sulfamethoxazole) twice a day weeks, Alfuzosin ...  Read Full »

What causes frequent urges to urinate?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old, active male. My height is 6 feet and weight is 175 lbs. Previously, I had Zoloft for anxiety. Now, I am just doing exercise, eating healthy food and vitamins. I have been diagnosed with prostatitis a few times in the past few months. I was also diagnosed with this roug...  Read Full »

Dr. Shahil Khant

Andrologist, General Surgeon, Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history and treatment details. You definitely had on and off history of prostatitis in the past and now you are taking Bactrim (combination of Sulfamethoxazole and Trimethoprim) since 3 to 4 weeks. I have some questions for you. How is your urine ...  Read Full »