Q. Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

Answered by
Dr. Gopinath
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
Published on Mar 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

Hello doctor,

I have enlarged prostate and some lesion on the prostate. The report has been attached. For the past four years, I have been suffering from urinary tract infections and kidney stones and my life is very much disturbed. I am attaching the files of my reports and the medicines which I am taking. I am recovering, but my nephrologist advised me to consult for the prostate lesion. I am having frequent urination and sometimes ejaculation does not happen after sex. I have hydronephrosis in left kidney which is by birth and was disturbed by kidney stones three years back. In the past, I had some homeopathy medicines. I am taking medicine Utforte (1-0-1), Silodal (0-0-1) and Soliten (0-0-1) for the past two months as prescribed. I just want know the concern about the lesion on my prostate.

Dr. Gopinath



Welcome to icliniq.com.

  • You need to be examined clinically with per rectal examination. If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it.
  • Did you undergo uroflow test as suggested? It shows whether your urine flow is obstructed or not.
  • Your PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is normal. If your per rectal examination shows normal prostate, you need not worry about prostate lesion.
  • For the left sided hydronephrosis, I suggest a DTPA scan to see whether it needs surgery or not.
  • Since you are on Silodal tablets - Silodosin, anejaculation and dry ejaculation will occur as it is side effects which will not occur when stopped.
  • In case of chronic prostatitis, I suggest tablet Bacstol 100 mg (Trimethoprim) twice a day and tablet Alfoo 10 mg (Alfuzosin) at night for one month. You may stop other tablets.

The Probable causes:


Investigations to be done:

1. Per rectal examination by urologist.
2. Uroflow test.
3. DTPA scan (Diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid scan) for pujo (pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction).

Differential diagnosis:

CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).

Probable diagnosis:

Chronic prostatitis.

Treatment plan:


Regarding follow up:

Revert back with the investigation reports to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

Was this answer helpful?


Ask a QueryAsk a Query Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Will surgery for BPH prevent prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my father. He is 65 years old. He suffers from BPH from the last five years and takes Alfusin-D for the same. Five years back, when he was diagnosed, his PSA was 2.8 ng. Last year, we repeated his test and the PSA was 0.9 ng/ml with normal DRE. An ultrasound of ...  Read Full »



Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Urologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.
Enter Your Health Query
You can upload files and images in the next step.



Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.