Q. Is anejaculation a side effect of Silodal?

Dr. Gopinath
Published on Mar 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I have enlarged prostate and some lesion on the prostate. The report has been attached. For the past four years, I have been suffering from urinary tract infections and kidney stones and my life is very much disturbed. I am attaching the files of my reports and the medicines which I am taking. I am recovering, but my nephrologist advised me to consult for the prostate lesion. I am having frequent urination and sometimes ejaculation does not happen after sex. I have hydronephrosis in left kidney which is by birth and was disturbed by kidney stones three years back. In the past, I had some homeopathy medicines. I am taking medicine Utforte (1-0-1), Silodal (0-0-1) and Soliten (0-0-1) for the past two months as prescribed. I just want know the concern about the lesion on my prostate.

Dr. Gopinath

Urology
#

• You need to be examined clinically with per rectal examination. If clinical findings suggest a chronic prostatitis you need a prolonged treatment for it.
  • Did you undergo uroflow test as suggested? It shows whether your urine flow is obstructed or not.
  • Your PSA (prostate-specific antigen) level is normal. If your per rectal examination shows normal prostate, you need not worry about prostate lesion.
  • For the left sided hydronephrosis, I suggest a DTPA scan to see whether it needs surgery or not.
  • Since you are on Silodal tablets - Silodosin, anejaculation and dry ejaculation will occur as it is side effects which will not occur when stopped.
  • In case of chronic prostatitis, I suggest tablet Bacstol 100 mg (Trimethoprim) twice a day and tablet Alfoo 10 mg (Alfuzosin) at night for one month. You may stop other tablets.

Infection.

1. Per rectal examination by urologist.
2. Uroflow test.
3. DTPA scan (Diethylenetriamine pentaacetic acid scan) for pujo (pelvi-ureteric junction obstruction).

CPPS (chronic pelvic pain syndrome).

Chronic prostatitis.

Antibiotics.

Revert back with the investigation reports to a urologist online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/urologist

I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Please suggest a treatment.

Query: Hello doctor, I believe I have chlamydia prostatitis. Six months ago, I started showing signs of prostatitis. I had a hard time urinating fully, I had pain and burning, fever, clear discharge. I was put on eight weeks Cipro. My body did not respond well to the Cipro. I stopped and had a chance to s...  Read Full »

Will surgery for BPH prevent prostate cancer?

Query: Hello doctor, This query is regarding my father. He is 65 years old. He suffers from BPH from the last five years and takes Alfusin-D for the same. Five years back, when he was diagnosed, his PSA was 2.8 ng. Last year, we repeated his test and the PSA was 0.9 ng/ml with normal DRE. An ultrasound of ...  Read Full »