Protein In Urine

What can cause weakness and high protein content in urine in a diabetic patient?

Query: Hi doctor, Recently, I took my blood test. I took a 24-hour urine test. I had a protein of 486 mg/g in my urine. I am diabetic and it is under control. I have a fasting blood sugar of 106 mg/dL and post-prandial blood sugar of 120 mg/dL. I am taking Diapride M 0.5 mg for diabetes and Cetanil T 40 f...  Read Full »

Dr. Pranaw Kumar Jha

Nephrologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description, you have diabetes, hypertension, and other complications such as retinopathy and nephropathy. Your blood sugar level is good and other investigations look fair. Your doctor has prescribed you the right medicine. Cetanil-T (Cilnidipine with Telmi...  Read Full »

Should an FSGS patient consume more protein to increase blood albumin levels?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a male with a weight of 90 kilograms. I am diagnosed with FSGS. Currently, I am taking Prednisolone 40 mg daily. Still, I have proteinuria. As I am losing more protein in my urine, do I need to eat more protein to increase my blood albumin levels? I can understand that edema occur...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Taking increased protein increases the risk of developing edema. Your kidney is unable to take more protein and if you add more of it, it will end up losing more proteins. So it is better to take a moderate type of diet. You should take a balanced diet. You should n...  Read Full »

Could UTI cause cloudy urine and irritation during urination?

Query: Hello. I thought I had a UTI. I have a little bit of irritation when I use the bathroom and my pee tends to be really cloudy. Sometimes I itch but that’s rarely. I also seem to have the urge to keep peeing but I can’t. This has gone on for about 1 week and a half. I’m 15 and my mom...  Read Full »

Dr. Nasir

Pain Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Good day to you Ma'am what you are describing seems likely to be a Urinary tract infection. It's fairly common among women and nothing to be worried about. Have you have fever in the past few days? Urine getting cloudy suggests proteins being present in the urine. Have you noticed any swelling aroun...  Read Full »

What does facial swelling and proteinuria in a small kid indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, My baby has swelling in the face lasting for a week. We consulted our family physician and urinalysis showed proteinuria. She is born full-term from her first normal pregnancy. Birth weight is 3040 g, and Apgar score is 9/10. She is breastfed and we observed bloody mucus in feces sinc...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As per your description and the reports, the child seems to be fitting into the nephrotic syndrome. Steroids will have to be started for the same, along with antibiotic cover for now. However, it is best to get the child evaluated physically by a nephrologist before...  Read Full »

Is it mandatory to get kidney biopsy in case of protein leakage?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 24-year-old female. When I was 18 I went to the doctor and they said I was leaking high amounts of protein. Also, I had some bacteria showing up in my urine so she gave me medicine for that which I had to stop taking before the dosage was out because I reacted badly to it. Then s...  Read Full »

Dr. Pranaw Kumar Jha

Nephrologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Going by the history given by you, it seems that you had proteinuria (that is protein leaking in the urine due to some defect in kidneys). There are multiple conditions which can lead to proteinuria. The treatment varies depending upon the cause which can be establis...  Read Full »

What could be the cause of pain in pubic area with protein in urine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have pain in the pubic area. Urine test revealed protein in the urine. But there is no pain while urinating but I get pain only when I touch the area. I am just getting sick and wondering what it might be?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Rathee

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the presence of proteins in urine is not a good sign. Let me explain to you in simple words that why it is not a good sign. The whole of the blood in our body flows through both the kidneys in our body and kidney functions as a filter, the harmful substances, ...  Read Full »

What is your opinion on the presence of albumin and RBCs in urine test?

Query: Hello doctor, I have problem in my urine reports. The report shows: Albumin: +++. Sugar: nill. Pus cells: plenty. Epithelial cells: plenty. RBC's: 4-6. Urine culture: No bacterial growth after 48hrs at 37c. Please give suggestions.  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. You have proteinuria and hematuria. It can be due to urinary tract infection, but that can be ruled out here since you have not passed any pus cells or epithelial cells. I will recommend you to immediately get a CT KUB (computerized to...  Read Full »

I have increased white cells, proteins, leucocytes and epithelial cells in my urine. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My partner is 48 years old, and her weight is 65 kilograms. She has RBC of 5.6 mcL, Hb of 15.3 g/dL, and creatinine of 0.9 mg/dL. The urine report shows white cells of 60 to 80 WBCs per high power field. There are traces of proteins, leucocytes, and epithelial cells also.  Read Full »

Dr. Girish C Kamat

Internal Medicine Physician, Hematologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your partner has urinary tract infection. She needs to do a urine culture and sensitivity. Meanwhile, get examined by a gynecologist to know the local source of infection. If she is symptomatic, with fever or burning micturition, then she needs to take a course of antib...  Read Full »

What does my test result indicates creatinine urine and protein urine?

Query: Hi doctor, I have my serum creatinine, serum uric acid, creatinine urine and protein urine test done. The result indicates that I have creatinine 1.37, uric acid 9.6, creatinine urine 169.84 and protein urine 31.9. My current medication is Amlovas 5 mg tablet once daily and Seloken XL 50 mg once dai...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems that you are suffering from hypertensive nephropathy. You would need to know and understand that you need strict control of blood pressure and the addition of an agent. I suggest you to take an ACE (angiotensin-converting enzyme) inhibitors like Ramipril, whic...  Read Full »

Treatment for losing protein in the urine

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is losing protein in the urine. The result is ++. She usually remains tired and also has pain in some part of the body like back pain or head pain. She also has a lot of black pigmentation marks on her body. Is pigmentation marks cause any serious problem? Can you please tell me ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Protein in urine can be due to a nephrotic syndrome which could be due to many causes. Blood pressure, blood albumin level, and random blood sugar should be measured. Her urine test shows some pus cells (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suggest using...  Read Full »