Q. Can you please check if there are any harmful ingredients in my protein powder?

Dr. Basuki Nath Bhagat

I have a supplement I would like to use, but I need someone to check if it is fine. Can you see if there are any harmful ingredients? Please help.

#

I understand your concern. May I know what supplement you would like to use and for what purpose? I will try my best to guide you.

I would like to use the protein powder (image attached) for weight gain. Please advise.

#

I am aware that this protein powder increases weight gain, mostly taken by people who visit the gym, but I do not know if it is effective. It contains varying amounts of proteins, carbohydrates, fats, vitamins, and minerals. There are no mentioned guidelines. I think about the ingredients composition proportion present in the powder.

Dosage of it depends on the body type and physical workout.

Potential side effects include:

1) Stomach upset at the beginning of intake.

2) Allergies to ingredients, especially if you have some lactose or other allergy history present.

3) Unnecessary weight gain when consumption and workout do not match, or you are not exercising regularly.

4) Kidney problem.

I suggest you consult a nutritional specialist to give more clarity on this.

|