Protein Powder

How to improve my body weight?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 26 years old. My weight has been ranging between 54 kg and 55 kg for the last four years. My height is 5'8". I am taking good food, but have lean body. What I should do? Please help me to improve my body weight. I started doing masturbation by the age of 13. I used to ejaculate for at...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, I think you might be having some hormonal issue, which is the reason for your lean muscular body. So, we need to check the hormonal imbalance you are having now. For that I recommend the following tests. FBS (fasting blood sugar). PPBS (postprandial blood sugar). TS...  Read Full »

What foods to eat to gain weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 23 year old male. My height is 5'11" and weight is 58.5 kg. I would like to gain body weight. I am have a problem of pimples with pus on face for the past four years. I had never taken any artificial mass gainer or protein. I am a pure vegetarian. My lipid profile result is as f...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. I can advise you to take more fiber rich foods so that bowels stay clear without any constipation. Plenty of vegetables like gourds and more of mix vegetables. Two to four types of fruits mainly banana, guava and berries. You have oily skin so a...  Read Full »

Can muscle recovery be adversely affected by protein powder?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »

How do alcohol interfere with shake taken for weight reduction?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 22-year-old male. My weight is 116 kg and my height is 5 feet 7 inches. My problem is, I am using nutrition food and milkshake to lose weight. 15 days ago, my weight is 123 kg but now it is 116 kg. I am doing a gym too. This is a product from herbal life. I want to go to my sis...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is important to know what is the contents of your supplements. However, common supplements contain creatinine for muscle building, with which alcohol is safe in moderation. However, if the content is not known then it is better to withhold supplements two to thre...  Read Full »

Why do I not put on weight even after using appetizers?

Query: Hello doctor, My age is 23. But, I weigh only 37 kg for 158 cm height. My parents consulted different medical practitioners, but nothing worked out. Appetizers did not work too. I do not have strong immunity. I get fever often. No one in my family is lean other than me. They all have normal weight. ...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. For a height of 158 cm, your ideal weight should be between 56 to 60 kg. You can definitely gain weight. First of all, I would suggest you to rule out any chronic disease by carrying out complete blood count, chest x-ray, thyroid hormone profile, liver function tests and...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan for type 2 diabetes.

Query: Hello doctor, I have type 2 diabetes. I am 29 years old. My height is 5'7" and weight is 58 kg. 34 days back I gave blood tests. My fasting blood sugar was 313, postprandial 599, HbA1c-14.9, T3 109.6, T4-12.30, vitamin D-6.2 and TSH-2.29. After five days, I consulted a doctor and he gave me medicin...  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, I am surprised why have you stopped taking medicines? Medication does not cure diabetes; they control it and hence do keep continuing medications. Coming to your diabetic diet: You need to eat food in small quantities, but frequently. Avoid swe...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest a solution to build my body.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a lean body and my height is 6 ft and weighs about 65 kg. I want to build body in the gym. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Ankush Gupta

Criticalcare Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. As far as gaining muscle mass is concerned there are two important things. One is doing regular work out and the other more important thing is diet. In diet you should remember that proteins are the part of the diet which form the muscle mass. If you are a non-vegeta...  Read Full »

Please suggest a solution to maintain weight after stopping protein powder.

Query: Hello doctor, I had some weight gaining powder for gaining weight. After I stopped consuming those powders I started losing weight. Kindly suggest on how to maintain my weight.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinod Kumar

Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You need to understand a few basic points regarding weight gain or weight loss. 1) Weight gain or weight loss is actually a result of fine balance between calorie intake and calorie consumption. So, if calorie intake is more than your daily needs then you will gain ...  Read Full »

Is medicine the only solution for gout?

Query: Hello doctor, I have gout, and my uric acid remains in the range of 8.5 to 9. Is medicine the only solution? I have not started any, but the doctor suggested Febutaz 40 mg. If I start my medicine and continue with my daily workout, is it fine to add a protein shake in my diet?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can start dietary restrictions initially, and if not responding, then you will have to use medicine. The risk of developing gout is increased with dietary meat and fish intake. Consumption of dairy products, particularly low-fat dairy products, is associat...  Read Full »

Is Nitrous oxide pre-workout supplement bad for hypothyroidism?

Query: Dear Doctor, I have hypothyroidism. My TSH level is higher than the normal range. T3 and T4 are fine. I go to the gym regularly and like to lift heavy weights. I am taking pre-workout supplement - Nitrous Oxide. I heard that this is not good for me but I want to take some pre-workout supplement. Wha...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. That is a very good question.You are right. The supplements which you are taking are not good for you when you have hypothyroidism. It can have adverse effects in the long run. I understand you require a pre-workout supplement for the strenuous exercise you do. WHEY PROTE...  Read Full »