Protein Source

What are the ways to improve body weight?

Query: Hello doctor, I weight 55 kg and height 5 feet 10 inches. I want to know how to increase the weight as I had tried so many ways to improve it but failed. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Senduran N

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Try the below suggestions if you already have no done it, 1) Try to have a mini-meal or snacks (like boiled cereal sprouts, nuts, etc.) apart from your regular meals. 2) If your level of physical activity is more, accordingly you have to increase your calorie intak...  Read Full »

Are my symptoms due to protein toxicity?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a protein shake for three weeks, around five scoops a day. Since then I get a pulsation in my buttocks and legs. This also causes dizziness most of the time. If I eat too much this problem gets worse. Drinking a lot of water helps but it is not sorting out the problem. I was advised...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep V Nair

Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. After going through your question I feel that you are really worried about the ill effects of protein shake. Let me assure you that a protein shake is perfectly safe even if you have taken in large quantities as mentioned. The fact that even after three weeks it has no...  Read Full »

Will taking protein powder in high quantities affect kidneys?

Query: Hi doctor, I heard that a high intake of protein powder will affect kidney functions (by forming kidney stones). Is it true?  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Too much of any nutrient is not good for the body. But when you say 'high amount', it is a relative term. What seems 'high amount' to you may not be really high. If you think you are taking too much protein, please do mention what kind of protein you are taking and...  Read Full »

How much protein intake per day is considered too much?

Query: Hello doctor, Is high intake of protein powder helpful or harmful to the health? And what is considered as too much protein?  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The recommended dietary intake of protein is 30% of your total calorie or food intake, which means 30% of what you eat should be proteins. If it exceeds 45 or 50%, then it can cause problems, especially to your kidneys. High protein powders can be used if you have prote...  Read Full »

How to increase sperm count at home?

Query: Hi doctor, Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?  Read Full »

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation. Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation. Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G...  Read Full »

I am a vegetarian. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. Please help.

Query: Hello Doctor, I am a  26 year old male. I would like to gain weight without any side effects. My height is 164cm and my weight is 54kg. I am a vegetarian and I do not take eggs. I am a software engineer and my work does not involve much physical movement. Please suggest me a suitable diet plan and ...  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Answer: Hi, It is very important to gain weight in a healthy way (i.e, gaining muscle and not fat). For this, both diet and exercise play a major role. DIET: Include a lot of protein in your diet in the form of nuts, seeds and sprouts. Protein drinks like Protinex are also helpful. Instead of 3 major mea...  Read Full »

How can weight be increased in a 26-year-old person?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 26 years old and have 47 kg weight. I masturbate once a week. I want a suggestion to gain weight. Please help.  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, you should have your thyroid profile done in order to rule out it as a cause. And next thing, you should have supplements to build your muscles and body. You should have Whey protein supplements (provided by optimum nutrition) a scoop a day for 6 to 8 weeks....  Read Full »

Does protein powder have any adverse effect on muscle recovery?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to perform cardio exercise for around 30 to 40 minutes and weight exercise (strength training) between 20 to 30 minutes daily. I have been using one natural protein product. My wish is to lose fat. I am confused whether, I should replace my natural protein product with the secon...  Read Full »

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician, Fitness Expert, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. "L" is the structural name; in fact Lysine and L-Lysine are the same. Not only in Lysine, it gives the same meaning in all amino acids mentioned on the product package (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Glutamine is safe and required for body building. You...  Read Full »