Q. Do eggs increase sperm count?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 05, 2014 and last reviewed on: Oct 15, 2018

Do eggs included in the diet increase the sperm count in men? If not, what medication should I take?

Dr. Jaydeep Tripathy

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Egg is a rich source of protein. Protein is required for healthy sperm formation. Hence, it contributes indirectly to sperm formation.

Green leafy vegetables are also rich in protein and they aid in semen formation.

Apart from these, you can take capsule Absolut 3G once daily at bedtime for a month.

Consult a sexologist online for more details --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/sexologist

| 

Why do I feel dizzy often?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 29 years old. My problem dates back a few years from now. If I am working sometimes I do not get to eat anything maybe have a cup of tea while working. Then I start feeling quite dizzy. I get water and it is still there for quite a while. It goes for 10 minutes or so after eating. E...  Read Full »

My wife has conceived a baby from the act after I had used cocaine. Can this cause problems?

Query: Hi doctor,I stupidly used cocaine at a weekend out and it looks like I conceived a baby with my wife the day after using it. Can this cause any serious harm to the baby? My wife is five months pregnant already and I have been worrying about something bad happening since then.  Read Full »

Can Practin tablet be used to gain weight?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old female. My height is 5 feet 3 inches and I weigh 41 kg. I need to put on weight. I have fast metabolism. Can I take Practin and Decdan tablets? It is suggested by one of my friend. Thank you.  Read Full »

Ask a Sexologist Now