Pseudoephedrine

What is the treatment for tinnitus?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old female. I am having tinnitus in my right ear. My PTA hearing test says R - 17 dB and L - 10 dB. My doctor informed me that there is slight nerve damage and it is causing tinnitus and slight hearing loss. He said that there is no cure for it. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Baidya Nath Majhi

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your PTA (pure tone audiometry) showing minimal hearing loss in right ear and normal hearing in the left. I do not think this minimal hearing loss cause the tinnitus unless the hearing loss is progressive. Tinnitus is not a disease. It is a symptom due to many unde...  Read Full »

What shall I do to get relief from cough and heartburn?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old female. I am suffering from the following symptoms: Cough, blocked itchy throat, which is slightly red, burps, farts, little gassy and acidity. This has increased in the past 24 hours. Because of sore throat, I cannot have cold substances to resolve acidity. Also, I can...  Read Full »

Dr. Geeta Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You appear to be a case of dyspepsia. The acute onset might be drug induced as gastritis is a known side effect of Azithromycin. Gastritis worsens cough, and the cough further induce nausea and vomiting. Hence, it is very prudent to treat both the conditions. For how long...  Read Full »

How to manage cold and clogged ears?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from a mild cold and severe clogging of ears. I am taking Afrin spray for an hour and one pill of Sudafed. I developed a similar condition of cold and sinus infection before six months. I had severe clogging of ears. I was given Amoxicillin for five days and Prednisone 5 m...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can take Sudafed (Pseudoephedrine) once daily. Take nasal spray once daily. Avoid cold spicy foods, avoid smoking and alcohol. Avoid dust and pollution. Take some steam inhalation thrice daily.  Read Full »

My right ear feels stuffed. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a feeling that my right ear is stuffed. I have no other symptoms. My GP just gave me antibiotics. But, I am worried that I might have something serious since I used to know somebody with Meniere's disease.  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Otolaryngologist, Audiologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. For how long are you having these symptoms?  Do you have a history of nasal congestion or throat infection in the recent past? Revert with more information to an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://icliniq.com./ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist  Read Full »

My baby has fever even after giving Paracetamol. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor,My four month old baby weighs 7 kg. He has a 100-degree fever since today noon. I had given 4 ml of 125 g Paracetamol syrup. But the temperature is still at 100.   Read Full »

Dr. Preeti Puranik

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can continue giving the 4 ml Paracetamol syrup, every four to six hours if there is a fever. It will take an hour or two for the temperature to normalize. If fever is nearing 102 F, give Ibuprofen 70 mg. It is most likely to be a viral fever. So, if the baby is a...  Read Full »

My daughter is grinding her teeth badly. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, My daughter is 14 months old. I had given her a 5 mL dosage of Albendazole before a month. She was doing all fine. From the last week, she has a cold and cough. It is not bad and, whenever she has a cold, she recovers fast.  This time, she is grinding her teeth so bad. I was advised that...  Read Full »

Dr. Faisal Abdul Karim Malim

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is common for babies of this age group to exhibit this phenomenon, and it has nothing to do with Albendazole. It is because children at this age start to develop molar teeth, which is a little bit painful and irritating. So, do not worry. It is a time bound process an...  Read Full »