Q. What is the best treatment for psoriasis?

Dr. Aditi Dhanta
This is a premium question & answer published on May 23, 2020 and last reviewed on: Feb 09, 2021

I am suffering with Psoriasis. Please suggest treatment.

#

I saw your photograph (attachment removed to protect patient identity). You are having psoriasis and I would like to tell you about your disease. Psoriasis is a relapsing condition and usually exacerbates in winters. It will not spread to other people by touching. It will not affect your internal organs. It is treatable but not curable. It will get cleared but can reappear. Nothing to worry about it. As it is in limited area only application of topical steroids will suffice but if there is more body involvement then we will start oral medicines. Presently, I am prescribing your treatment and you can review in 20 days.

Papulosquamous inflammatory disorder.

Liver function test and complete blood count.

Chronic plaque psoriasis.

Topisal 6% (Clobetasol propionate)ointment for local application in evening, tablet Levocetirizine 5 mg evening. Coconut oil for local application in evening and morning.

Use oil or moisturizer. Keep skin supple.

Review after 20 days.

|