Q. Can Panderm NM be used on the face?

Dr. Ashwini. V. Swamy
This is a premium question & answer published on Jan 13, 2018 and last reviewed on: Oct 09, 2018

I used Panderm NM. After I left using it, I got scars and pigmentation on my face. Now, I am using UniWhite Cream for pigmentation. Will this work? Should I use something else? Can you suggest something without steroids and Hydroquonine and without any side effects?

#

Panderm NM (Clobetasol Topical, Miconazole Topical, and Neomycin Topical) cream is the most harmful cream when applied to the face. It has steroids.

The steroid causes thinning of the skin, pimples, visible blood vessels, increased hair growth, secondary bacterial skin infections, and a flareup of herpes.

The effect of this cream will last for a few weeks depending on the duration you have used. It is very difficult to nullify the effect of steroid on the skin.

After stopping the cream, pimples, pigmentation is the most common rebound effects.

I would suggest you use:

• Mild face cleanser, Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser, to wash your face.
  • Use a good moisturizer for the face and CeraVe face moisturizer. Keep the skin hydrated. Drink lots of water, two to three liters per day.
  • Always use sunscreen with 50 SPF (sun protection factor). Use it even when it is cloudy. Because ultraviolet rays are always there during the daytime.
  • Eat vitamin A containing fruits and vegetables like carrots, beetroot, pumpkin, papaya, muskmelon. These have a high level of beta-carotene in them, which is a great antioxidant.

It is very difficult for me to prescribe any medication without seeing your clinical picture. I have mentioned general skin care products to be used after steroid abuse.

Kindly attach your clinical picture along with your query for precise diagnosis and medications.

For more information consult a dermatologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/dermatologist

|