Psychotherapeutic Sessions

Can psychotherapy treat OCD?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from OCD (Obsessive–compulsive disorder). How can it be treated by psychotherapy?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. As you might be aware, OCD is a chronic, relapsing, and debilitating disorder. It has four themes of manifestation that decides the nature of treatment likely to be effective. So, to determine which form of therapy is more suitable for you, a psychiatrist can guide you...  Read Full »

What are the reasons for extreme anger in a 13 year old boy?

Query: Hello doctor, My nephew is 13 years old, weighs 45 kg, and his height is 135 cms. He sometimes becomes so angry and beats his younger brother and sometimes when things are not given to him, he becomes angry and tells he wants to go out of the house. He likes only his father and not anyone else. We ...  Read Full »

Dr. Surabhi

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I would have answered the query more appropriately if you had included a little more information regarding his day to day activities, his academic performance, his peer relationship, etc. Anyways, regarding your query, it can be due to sibling rivalry, or it could be du...  Read Full »

What can be done to treat alcoholic addiction?

Query: Hi doctor, My question is regarding my friend. She is an alcoholic. She drinks every single day and mostly when she is alone. She is drunk most of the time, in office, at home. She started drinking approximately two years back. She loves a guy from a different religion and is not allowed to marry h...  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Patidar

Psychiatrist, Psychotherapist, Psychologist Counsellor, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First, you need to listen to your friend, her pain, her feelings. Most of the people just want someone to listen. They do not do it to know the solution of the problem but just to pour out the stress and internal conflict from their mind. After two to three sessions ...  Read Full »

How to maintain erection and overcome anxiety during sexual intercourse?

Query: Hello doctor, I am engaging in vaginal intercourse for the first time. I have tried a couple of times, but I get a bit too anxious and failed. I could not get a completely erect penis. One time I did not get any erection at all. I am sure I do not have an erectile disorder because I get a completel...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understand your concerns. First of all, I like to inform you that one can handle performance anxiety with the use of the right psychotherapeutic approach. In my own experience, around 70-80 % of individuals report dramatic improvement in erectio...  Read Full »

I suffer from headaches, insomnia, depression and anxiety. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I have been suffering from headaches for the past 80 days. I smoked four cigarettes every night and two every day early in the morning for 30 days, and then I stopped it with nicotine gum. From the past 160 days, I am suffering from insomnia. Five days after I quit smoking, I started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ramchandra Lamba

Psychiatrist, Sexologist, Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query and understand your concern. Bupropion can worsen the headache. As of now, you can increase the dose of Amitriptyline, Propranolol, and Flunarizine after consulting your treating doctor. Meanwhile, you can use Naproxen or Sumatriptan fo...  Read Full »

How to get over the negative experiences I had in the past?

Query: Hello doctor, I am an 18 year old female. I have been feeling low. I feel sad, irritated and angry most of the times. It has been going on and off this way for the past five years. There are certain eating issues too. I do not feel like eating. I do not get hungry. I just eat one meal a day. And som...  Read Full »

Dr. Lisa Barros Mascarenhas

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to have gone through a lot. From what you have told me, you seem to have had features of PTSD (post-traumatic stress disorder) and could be having symptoms of depression and eating disorder. My advice to you would be to personally visit a psychiatrist...  Read Full »

I am depressed due to the guilt of ejaculating while sleeping in the same bed with my mother. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 55 year old male, and I have been suffering from depression due to extreme guilt from 22 years. I have been taking allopathic medicines, but my depression bounces back. Actually, my childhood, teenage, and adolescent was disturbing. My father always abused me, and my parents qu...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel depressed and guilty due to past negative experiences in life. Multiple depressive episodes despite taking medication can be due to unresolved conflicts of childhood, which may reside in unconscious mind. Guilt is one of the factor...  Read Full »

For depression, would it be sorted out if I go for counseling?

Query: Hi doctor, I recently had a session with one of the doctors in this forum. She helped me in getting into focus and gave me ideas on overcoming my problems. But, I seem to be lost and blank lately. Nothing seems interesting and everything happening around me seems suspicious. I see myself emotionally...  Read Full »

Dr. Aditya Gupta

Psychiatrist, Sexologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have described, you could be suffering from depression. Depression of such intensity requires medication and cure is possible in such cases. Breath relaxation exercises or meditation is also helpful, but not a substitute for medications.   Read Full »

Please help me to overcome my exam phobia?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 18 years old and studying for my final exams. My problem is exam phobia. I am so scared of failure during an exam and due to this, I am unable to concentrate on my studies. I am suffering from this issue for the past two years and it really affects my studies. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Mehwish Mursaleen

Psychologist Counsellor

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I completely understand that you feel concerned about your performance during exams.  Read Full »

After taking cocaine, I usually end up with sexual chats about minors. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I have a very unusual problem and quite honestly, I am petrified of the reply. But, I feel I need to talk about it and get a professional outlook on what is going on in my head. I am ashamed to admit that for many years I have had on and off problem with cocaine. I suffer with low self e...  Read Full »

Dr. Roshan Bhad

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Firstly, there is no need to be ashamed of yourself. Cocaine addiction is a brain disorder and can be managed with appropriate behavioral and pharmacological interventions. Cocaine is a stimulant drug, which causes euphoria, hyperactivity, disinhibition, sexual arousal a...  Read Full »