Q. What are the symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung?

Dr. Rohit Jain
Published on Oct 13, 2014 and last reviewed on: Nov 19, 2018

What are the symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung?

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiology Critical Care Physician Diabetology Endocrinology General Medicine Internal Medicine Pulmonology (Asthma Doctors) Sexology
#

Welcome to icliniq.com.The common signs and symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung (pulmonary embolism) include:

• Shortness of breath that appears suddenly and worsens with exertion.
  • Chest pain that worsens when you breathe deeply, cough, eat, bend or stoop.
  • Cough might be associated with bloody or blood-tinged sputum.
  • Other signs and symptoms that can occur with pulmonary embolism are:
    • Clammy or discolored skin (cyanosis).
    • Leg pain or swelling or both.
    • Excessive sweating.
    • Rapid or irregular heartbeat.
    • Lightheadedness or dizziness.

In case of any of these symptoms, consult a cardiologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/cardiologist

How to treat breathlessness in a metastatic breast cancer patient?

Query: Hi doctor, The patient is oxygen dependent because of pleurodesis since 1 month. She is suffering from breathlessness after talc pleurodesis. She has metastatic breast cancer with distant spread to the lung and liver. There is residual pleural effusion along with bilateral lower lobe consolidation. ...  Read Full »

Why is there mild chest pain although it is not a heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom had chest pain yesterday evening at 3 PM. It was mild pain on the left side. Today morning she also had mild pain three times. I had contacted a cardiologist yesterday. He asked me to perform an ECG test. After seeing the ECG report, he said there is little issue in ECG line. T...  Read Full »

My cough lasted only for a week and the doctor says it is tuberculosis.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, There is parenchymal infiltrate on the right upper lobe of my lung. My doctor said that I have a ptb3, which looks like a serious stage of tuberculosis. I was shocked because I never had a cough since September. Before the month of September, my cough lasted only for a week and then su...  Read Full »