Blood Clot

Can pregnant women take blood thinners?

Query: Hello Doctor, I am 20 weeks pregnant at an age of 35. After my first pregnancy I got few painless blood clots which went untreated. Now I was advised to take one blood thinner tablet for 100 days. But with a second opinion on that, I was advised not to take as it might lead to severe blood loss du...  Read Full »

Dr. Tinu Philip

Answer: hello, congrats on your pregnancy. the blood clots u refer to in Ur first pregnancy is after Ur delivery ,isn't it? the reason for being advised blood thinners this time may have nothing to do with that. Blood thinners are advised wen ultrasound or clinical examination shows a risk for hypertensi...  Read Full »

What causes a sudden blood clot to appear around the eyeball?

Query: I suddenly had a blood clot around my right eyeball but I can't figure out where did I possibly get it or what actually happened. I went to the hospital today but due to strict security protocols, I have to buy the doctor's PPE and other safety equipment and that can't be covered by my health card....  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, According to your description it sounds like a sub conjunctival hemorrhage. It can occur due to trauma, if blood pressure is high, if you're on blood thinners, your bleeding and clotting time is increased or for no reason at all. Your data doesn't mention your age or if you are on any medicat...  Read Full »

Why did I have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Query: 4-5 years ago, while playing, my eye get injured by a plastic ball. It was a hard hit, but my eye get recoverd in 2-3 days. My eye get red and started having a reddish vission. Like orange colour seems to be reddish orange for my that eye only. All this took 5-7 days to heal up and after me eye ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello sir. Since there is no problems right now there is no reason to worry. Most probably you had blood accumulation under white of eye or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might also have had bleeding inside of eye called hyphema which got resolved by own. If the second one was there,I advise you to...  Read Full »

How to prevent blood clot formation post COVID-19 recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been self-isolating for three weeks due to Coronavirus symptoms and spent two nights in the hospital where I was given oxygen and a chest x-ray showed typical COVID-19 changes. I was discharged a week ago and told some COVID-19 patients have been coming back with DVT and or PE....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer the following questions to guide you further. Do you have any risk factors for thrombosis like family history, smoking history, prolonged bedridden, or excess weight? Does your doctor recommend to take heparin? Have you confirmed your COVID-19 by RT PC...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan show blood clots?

Query: Hi doctor,Post spine surgery My CT says evidence of pre and paravertebral soft tissue and differentiation of hematoma may be considered. Does this mean there is a blood clot?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you want to know about a CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This report means that there is a pre and paravertebral soft tissue. But, from the CT scan, they are not able to find out specifica...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for increasing purple rashes in forearm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash on my forearms. About 4 or 5 days ago, I noticed two dark reddish almost purple spots on my right forearm when I woke up. I think they are under the skin, not raised, non-itchy. My skin is extremely dry and I neglect that so I started putting Jergen's ultra healing lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. As you have cirrhosis and iron infusion I suspect there is some blood clotting defect which is very common in this condition. These lesions are actually small hemorrhages or bleedings into the skin. They do heal with time...  Read Full »

When does the blood start clotting after an injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I did see the facts I was looking for on your site. Maybe you can answer some questions the best you can. This is about a 16-year-old female. If the mesentery and/or pancreas has a tear in one or both and if that tear was big enough to bleed, where would the blood go? Would it go th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pancreas is highly vascular and is surrounded by major vessels. Hence pancreatic trauma may be associated with life-threatening hemorrhage and shock. Pancreatic injury or pancreatic trauma can be as follows. Due to blunt trauma as well and car accidents when the i...  Read Full »

Will taking Aspirin before long travel help in preventing blood clot formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering if I need to be concerned, or what is the probability if any, would I have at developing a blood clot if I have no blood clotting genetic issues (factor v, etc), not on any hormones (was on birth control pills for 12 years but been off for almost four years), no recent...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Before I can answer your question, you mentioned that you are taking prenatal vitamins. Just curious if you are pregnant or plan to do so? Do you have previous unplanned or accidental abortions? Please let me know.  Read Full »

Can a blood clot migrates from leg to heart and cause heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a heart patient, and I am on Plavix and Aspirin. I have multiple blockages in my legs. Is it possible for a clot to form in legs, and then it moves to the heart, causing a heart attack when I soak my legs in hot water to relieve my restless leg syndrome? Similarly, can multiple c...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume that you have blockages in arteries, and if blockages are in arteries, then they will not migrate to the heart. Instead, there will be a pain while walking, and if it is severe, it may lead to gangrene. If blockages are in veins, then they will migrate to t...  Read Full »

What can be done for headache due to blood clot in brain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is a diabetic patient suffering from typhoid diagnosed an hour ago. She also had a blood clot in her brain. She is having headache badly. What to do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, your mother is suffering from a bad headache due to blood clots. Any headache with intracranial problems needs detailed assessment as there might be a headache of serious causes like raised intracranial pressures or venous thrombosis which ne...  Read Full »