Blood Clot

Why did I have reddish vision after an eye injury?

Query: 4-5 years ago, while playing, my eye get injured by a plastic ball. It was a hard hit, but my eye get recoverd in 2-3 days. My eye get red and started having a reddish vission. Like orange colour seems to be reddish orange for my that eye only. All this took 5-7 days to heal up and after me eye ge...  Read Full »

Dr. Arnab Pal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello sir. Since there is no problems right now there is no reason to worry. Most probably you had blood accumulation under white of eye or subconjunctival hemorrhage. You might also have had bleeding inside of eye called hyphema which got resolved by own. If the second one was there,I advise you to...  Read Full »

How to prevent blood clot formation post COVID-19 recovery?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been self-isolating for three weeks due to Coronavirus symptoms and spent two nights in the hospital where I was given oxygen and a chest x-ray showed typical COVID-19 changes. I was discharged a week ago and told some COVID-19 patients have been coming back with DVT and or PE....  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Kindly answer the following questions to guide you further. Do you have any risk factors for thrombosis like family history, smoking history, prolonged bedridden, or excess weight? Does your doctor recommend to take heparin? Have you confirmed your COVID-19 by RT PC...  Read Full »

Can a CT scan show blood clots?

Query: Hi doctor,Post spine surgery My CT says evidence of pre and paravertebral soft tissue and differentiation of hematoma may be considered. Does this mean there is a blood clot?  Read Full »

Dr. J Mariano Anto Bruno Mascarenhas

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you want to know about a CT report (attachment removed to protect patient identity). This report means that there is a pre and paravertebral soft tissue. But, from the CT scan, they are not able to find out specifica...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for increasing purple rashes in forearm?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a rash on my forearms. About 4 or 5 days ago, I noticed two dark reddish almost purple spots on my right forearm when I woke up. I think they are under the skin, not raised, non-itchy. My skin is extremely dry and I neglect that so I started putting Jergen's ultra healing lo...  Read Full »

Dr. Subhash Kashyap

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Sorry to hear about the problem you are having. As you have cirrhosis and iron infusion I suspect there is some blood clotting defect which is very common in this condition. These lesions are actually small hemorrhages or bleedings into the skin. They do heal with time...  Read Full »

When does the blood start clotting after an injury?

Query: Hello doctor, I did see the facts I was looking for on your site. Maybe you can answer some questions the best you can. This is about a 16-year-old female. If the mesentery and/or pancreas has a tear in one or both and if that tear was big enough to bleed, where would the blood go? Would it go th...  Read Full »

Dr. Geetha Priyadarsini Kamminana

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Pancreas is highly vascular and is surrounded by major vessels. Hence pancreatic trauma may be associated with life-threatening hemorrhage and shock. Pancreatic injury or pancreatic trauma can be as follows. Due to blunt trauma as well and car accidents when the i...  Read Full »

Will taking Aspirin before long travel help in preventing blood clot formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering if I need to be concerned, or what is the probability if any, would I have at developing a blood clot if I have no blood clotting genetic issues (factor v, etc), not on any hormones (was on birth control pills for 12 years but been off for almost four years), no recent...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Before I can answer your question, you mentioned that you are taking prenatal vitamins. Just curious if you are pregnant or plan to do so? Do you have previous unplanned or accidental abortions? Please let me know.  Read Full »

Can a blood clot migrates from leg to heart and cause heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a heart patient, and I am on Plavix and Aspirin. I have multiple blockages in my legs. Is it possible for a clot to form in legs, and then it moves to the heart, causing a heart attack when I soak my legs in hot water to relieve my restless leg syndrome? Similarly, can multiple c...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume that you have blockages in arteries, and if blockages are in arteries, then they will not migrate to the heart. Instead, there will be a pain while walking, and if it is severe, it may lead to gangrene. If blockages are in veins, then they will migrate to t...  Read Full »

What can be done for headache due to blood clot in brain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is a diabetic patient suffering from typhoid diagnosed an hour ago. She also had a blood clot in her brain. She is having headache badly. What to do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, your mother is suffering from a bad headache due to blood clots. Any headache with intracranial problems needs detailed assessment as there might be a headache of serious causes like raised intracranial pressures or venous thrombosis which ne...  Read Full »

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Tungaria

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full »

My son has JME epilepsy and Leiden factor V. His recent scan says he has many blood clots. Do clots ever go away?

Query: Hello doctor, My 28-year-old son, has JME epilepsy, mostly under control and also 1 part Leiden Factor V. He had an accident last year. Broke a few neck bones (Hangman's bone) and broke a few backbones, high up nearer the neck. Son is doing pretty well, and he is walking. He has a total blockage on...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The blood clot will not resolve by Aspirin drug. Aspirin is for prophylaxis to prevent further clots formation. For thrombosis, that is a blood clot, and he needs to be prescribed Rivaroxaban or Apixaban like anticoagulant medication. Factor V Leiden mutation put...  Read Full »