Blood Clot

Will taking Aspirin before long travel help in preventing blood clot formation?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering if I need to be concerned, or what is the probability if any, would I have at developing a blood clot if I have no blood clotting genetic issues (factor v, etc), not on any hormones (was on birth control pills for 12 years but been off for almost four years), no recent...  Read Full »

Dr. Kks

Hematologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern. Before I can answer your question, you mentioned that you are taking prenatal vitamins. Just curious if you are pregnant or plan to do so? Do you have previous unplanned or accidental abortions? Please let me know.  Read Full »

Can a blood clot migrates from leg to heart and cause heart attack?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a heart patient, and I am on Plavix and Aspirin. I have multiple blockages in my legs. Is it possible for a clot to form in legs, and then it moves to the heart, causing a heart attack when I soak my legs in hot water to relieve my restless leg syndrome? Similarly, can multiple c...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I assume that you have blockages in arteries, and if blockages are in arteries, then they will not migrate to the heart. Instead, there will be a pain while walking, and if it is severe, it may lead to gangrene. If blockages are in veins, then they will migrate to t...  Read Full »

What can be done for headache due to blood clot in brain?

Query: Hello doctor, My mom is a diabetic patient suffering from typhoid diagnosed an hour ago. She also had a blood clot in her brain. She is having headache badly. What to do now?  Read Full »

Dr. Pratap Vgm

Diabetologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your query, your mother is suffering from a bad headache due to blood clots. Any headache with intracranial problems needs detailed assessment as there might be a headache of serious causes like raised intracranial pressures or venous thrombosis which ne...  Read Full »

The MRI of the brain shows a blood clot. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My aunt, who is 54 years old, is diabetic since the past 10 years, and she is under regular Insulin. 10 days back, she suddenly lost speech, and since then, she is not able to speak even a single word. I am attaching her CT scan and MRI scan reports along with the prescription. What i...  Read Full »

Dr. Arun Tungaria

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I saw the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The problem is insufficient blood supply to the brain. It is a severe problem. The prescribed medicines are alright. Please consult a neurosurgeon so that he can examine her. She will recover fro...  Read Full »

My son has JME epilepsy and Leiden factor V. His recent scan says he has many blood clots. Do clots ever go away?

Query: Hello doctor, My 28-year-old son, has JME epilepsy, mostly under control and also 1 part Leiden Factor V. He had an accident last year. Broke a few neck bones (Hangman's bone) and broke a few backbones, high up nearer the neck. Son is doing pretty well, and he is walking. He has a total blockage on...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. The blood clot will not resolve by Aspirin drug. Aspirin is for prophylaxis to prevent further clots formation. For thrombosis, that is a blood clot, and he needs to be prescribed Rivaroxaban or Apixaban like anticoagulant medication. Factor V Leiden mutation put...  Read Full »

Can blood problem cause dark circles in the body?

Query: Hello doctor, Two years before, I got tested my whole body and blood. There are some dark circles that appear on my body and I am getting treated regularly, but still, my blood has some problem. I get PT and INR tests done regularly.  Read Full »

Dr. Mashfika N Alam

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand from your post that you may have a blood clotting tendency. Have you ever had pain or swelling in your calf muscle and difficulty breathing? You may be prone to blood clots in your lungs which is called pulmonary embolism. So, if you ever experience symp...  Read Full »

There are two non healing dark red circular spots under my tongue. What to do?

Query: Hello doctor, I have two dark red circular spots under the tongue, on the duct area that has not gone away in months. Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Naveen Thomas

Dentist, Endodontist, Pedodontist, Periodontist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems to be a small blood clot which may have occurred at the soft tissue at the salivary duct area. The reason may be due to suction pressure which might have created a negative pressure inside mouth causing such minor blood clots. It is not a severe condition to...  Read Full »

How common is it to develop a blood clot or PE with no underlying disorder?

Query: Hello doctor, How common is it to develop a blood clot or PE with no underlying clotting disorder, surgery, not on birth control, etc.? Like can a PE happen out of nowhere? Or is there always a culprit?  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Usually, there is always an underlying risk factor for the development of deep vein thrombosis. Advanced age, genetic conditions, smoking, obesity, trauma, surgery, etc., are some of the risk factors. The genetic disease includes protein C deficiency, protein S defic...  Read Full »

Is it safe to conceive second child with history of clots with first pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, I was wondering whether conceiving a second child will be safe after having a history of blood clots with first pregnancy and postpartum.  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have a history of blood clot in the previous pregnancy. So there is more chance of blood clot in the second pregnancy as well. A thorough investigation should be done like PT, APTT, BT, coagulation profile, cardiolipin antibody estimation, etc., for you. The low do...  Read Full »

How to tell if there is a blood clot in the lung?

Query: Hello doctor, What are the symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung?  Read Full »

Dr. Rohit Jain

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com.The common signs and symptoms of having a blood clot in the lung (pulmonary embolism) include: Shortness of breath that appears suddenly and worsens with exertion. Chest pain that worsens when you breathe deeply, cough, eat, bend or stoop. Cough might be asso...  Read Full »